Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony MDR NC31E - how you like it?

Tip us?

gbear
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Feel that the cable is going to broke in some day, it is just way too thin...
Alcatel OT 525 -> Nokia 7610 -> HTC Diamond -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S3 -> HTC Butterfly -> Xperia Z2

mathieulh
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I've tested them on my Z2, they are nowhere near as good as my Bose QuietComfort 15 in terms of comfort and active noise canceling.

valdigre
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathieulh View Post
I've tested them on my Z2, they are nowhere near as good as my Bose QuietComfort 15 in terms of comfort and active noise canceling.
Maybe because Sony's are 5 times cheaper?

I am really happy with their music playback performance, works wonders on the street.

Really bad for taking the calls, though, mic is on the ear so caller hears street noise and not your voice...

jaffa1980
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I think they are great! Pay of my job involves a large fan and extraction bench.... Very noisy! The headphones get rid of the fan and reduce the bench noise... Much better than ordinary head phones

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

black97one
Old
(Last edited by black97one; 17th July 2014 at 12:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang View Post
Unlike you guys, I have to buy it separately because it's not included with the Z2 in my country.
The sound is good, and its comfortable in my ears.

However, there's no button at all for handling calls or use with smart key app.

But today, my phone suddenly gives a "app key pressed" message while im using the nc31em, not sure how that happens randomly.
Hello,

Just found key app only... Need to press twice quickly when headphone in your ear, on the RIGHT earpiece

dantheman122
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by black97one View Post
Hello,

Just found key app only... Need to press twice quickly when headphone in your ear, on the RIGHT earpiece
Sorry I can't seem to get it to do anything. Where do you press?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) - Various Roms/Kernals

Sony Tablet S - Stock

black97one
Old
(Last edited by black97one; 19th July 2014 at 06:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
@dantheman122

Checks my vidéo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slxveU4ytto
The Following User Says Thank You to black97one For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dantheman122
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by black97one View Post
Can't seem to get mine to do anything I've got Smart Key app installed and set to open/pause etc but it doesn't even feel like there's a button it's pressing.
Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) - Various Roms/Kernals

Sony Tablet S - Stock

valdigre
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I was just sick of the in call mic quality of those headphones and this whole noise cancelling tech just got me more interested, and...

I bought Bose QC20's... I mean I went to the shop, put them on and I was sold... I could almost not hear the guy talking to me just in front of me and the best part is, that those headphones do work without the battery, although noise cancelling is not working then.

Other benefits are, that even without NC the plugs are very nice and those isolate lots of outside noise anyway, which means, that you don't need to use NC all the time just to listen to the music. Downside is that audio is a bit worse without NC on, but I can definitely live with it.

Another plus is that there is a great mic hanging close to your mouth, where it should be...

Highly recommended although not really cheap...

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Is there any benefit with using the Sony NC31E with the Z2 vs. another brand? Do the Sony buds interact with the on-board Z2 noise cancelling?

I was looking at alternatives like the Audio-Technica - QuietPoint Earbud Headphones ATH-ANC33iS.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../ref=pd_cp_e_0