Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 [Official][7/21/2014]

Tip us?

HibikiRush
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player-J View Post
This in taken directly from the installation instructions on CM's website:

CM 10.2 and CM 11 for this device require your radio firmware and bootloader be updated from the stock 4.1 OTA. You will get assert failures in recovery if you do not update the bootloader, and wifi will not function without the radio upgrade.

So if you are already running CM 11 without problems, then you should be fine to flash this Rom. Here is what I always do on a fresh install.

Download all the files and put them on your external SD Card. Back up anything you want to save.

1. Flash TWRP first, then reboot into the new recovery.
2. Full Factory wipe, then Advanced wipe (Dalvik, system, Cache, Data, I also check Internal).
3. Install Rom, then wipe Dalvik & Cache.
4. Install Gapps, then again wipe Dalvik & Cache.
5. Reboot System & let it sit untouched for about 15 min.

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiRush View Post
I didn't do the radio/bootloader update and just installed LiquidSmooth... Is there a way I can update these after the fact? Is this done through TWRP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by croogrog View Post
I think what your looking for is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41209211
Not sure if that is it, I was referring to the post saying the radio firmware and bootloader must be updated from the stock 4.1 OTA. On my phone I basically went from the last 4.1.2 update and just recently installed LiquidSmooth. However I never did anything such as updating the bootloader or radio, I just put on TWRP and flashed LiquidSmooth.

Do I need to update the bootloader and modem, and can I still do it after having flashed LiquidSmooth? Apologies if I am misunderstanding, somewhat new at this.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not sure if that is it, I was referring to the post saying the radio firmware and bootloader must be updated from the stock 4.1 OTA. On my phone I basically went from the last 4.1.2 update and just recently installed LiquidSmooth. However I never did anything such as updating the bootloader or radio, I just put on TWRP and flashed LiquidSmooth.

Do I need to update the bootloader and modem, and can I still do it after having flashed LiquidSmooth? Apologies if I am misunderstanding, somewhat new at this.
if when on stock you were on 4.1.2 then you are on latest modem and bootloader...and yes there is ways to better battery...also flaching my latest kernel will help but in settings > performance you can change governors and schedulers as well as a couple other things for best performance and battery
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HibikiRush
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
if when on stock you were on 4.1.2 then you are on latest modem and bootloader...and yes there is ways to better battery...also flaching my latest kernel will help but in settings > performance you can change governors and schedulers as well as a couple other things for best performance and battery
Okay great, thanks for the response. Love the ROM by the way, was frustrated with the performance on stock but will keep this phone around for a while longer now!

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 133
I'm noticing that I don't get notifications for some reason -- Battery Saver was turned on, so maybe it was that -- but I noticed that I wouldn't get messages on Hangouts (IMs), nor would it vibrate. Just turned it off, but might be useful if someone else is having the same problems, and that ends up being the case!

saurabhsaurabhrai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm on your latest ROM update i.e 2014-07-21.....Do i need to flash "B14CKB1RD-Kernel-v2.1-2014-07-21" via TWRP or its a part of your ROM update....

Thanks and still trying to understand these geeky stuff....!!

HibikiRush
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How do you add more home screens on the Liquid launcher? I can't figure that out.

TPMJB
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
How do you add more home screens on the Liquid launcher? I can't figure that out.
You install Nova launcher. That's what I did lol

HibikiRush
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMJB View Post
You install Nova launcher. That's what I did lol
Well I normally use GO but was wondering if there was such an option in Liquid Launcher. But the more I was looking into it the more it seems like there isn't an option?

cucumbers
Old
(Last edited by cucumbers; 26th July 2014 at 03:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
No, you can add screens with Liquid Launcher. There just isn't an option for adding a blank screen by itself. You have to do it while adding a shortcut or a widget. If you're adding a shortcut/widget & want to add it to a new screen instead, move it off to the edge of an existing screen & the launcher will add a new blank screen for whatever you're adding.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by terinfire View Post
I'm noticing that I don't get notifications for some reason -- Battery Saver was turned on, so maybe it was that -- but I noticed that I wouldn't get messages on Hangouts (IMs), nor would it vibrate. Just turned it off, but might be useful if someone else is having the same problems, and that ends up being the case!
battery saver is your culprit
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated