Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

Tip us?

lexloci
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.
Do you have any idea what can I do with it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9063.jpg
Views:	2331
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	2665081   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9065.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	2665082  

mike_spiky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexloci View Post
After two months of use I suddenly discovered yellow spots on display, which can be seen in the light background.
Do you have any idea what can I do with it?
I have the same problem, I'm going to send it away, I still have warranty, I hope they'll fix it soon.
I just hate this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	yellowSpot.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2669894  

dswagg2k10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the exact same issue in the exact same spot. I'm still under warranty, thing is I rooted my phone, went back to original room which was suppose to unroot my phone but when I go to the isis app, it says this is a rooted phone blah blah, so I'm scared I'm going to get an out of warranty fee. Tf do I do?

SwooperX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I read that some tablets have the same problems which are caused by the adhesive under the display. Turning on for some hours the display at full brightness can help in this situation. But I only know abaut this problem abaout new tablets. You have the problem with an few month old mobile...

Pickels
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yellow Spot no garantee??

Same here,

Yellow spots in the middle after a few minutes use. The spot gets bigger after intensive use and there is a small faint yellow line going from the spot to the bottom of the phone.

Went back to the shop with it, waited 4 weeks just to learn that LG does NOT think this is a fault of theirs so no garantee!!! My vendor is contacting them to find out what exactly makes them think this a is not a production flaw.

I'm gonna try and send it back to them anyway. This time i'll say its an overheating cpu in the description.

I had nothing but trouble with this LG phone. So if you'r planning to buy one I hope you read my posts before making a decission.

I'll keep you posted
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0012 (612x1024).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	2837832  

mike_spiky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I got mine changed with a new one, after they tried to change the display and it didn't work. So, I suggest you to insist.
Good luck!

moonroy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the exact same problem. Yellow line on the top right of the screen. Looks just like your photos. I think it got there after some of the updates, the phone started to get really warm. Could it be some kind of burn? Melted glue? Guess I will have to take it to the shop, but not looking forward having it in the shop for a couple of weeks or more. Really annoying screen problem though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	140725-150834.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2869909  

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonroy View Post
I have the exact same problem. Yellow line on the top right of the screen. Looks just like your photos. I think it got there after some of the updates, the phone started to get really warm. Could it be some kind of burn? Melted glue? Guess I will have to take it to the shop, but not looking forward having it in the shop for a couple of weeks or more. Really annoying screen problem though.
The yellow line issue has occurred on other devices. On the Surface pro it develops due to heat damaging the screen, you'll need to have yours replaced.

Transmitted via Geass
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

moonroy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
The yellow line issue has occurred on other devices. On the Surface pro it develops due to heat damaging the screen, you'll need to have yours replaced.
Yeah, will repair it later on, need it too much right now.