17th May 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 162

486 posts
More
Trying to apply 19.6.3 OTA and it fails saying that system/app/ AvatarPermissionsApp.apk has unexpected contents. Does anyone know what this is? I searched my phone via root explorer and couldn't find it anywhere. Could someone please check and see if they have this in system/app?

Sent From Droid Ultra
17th May 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY

486 posts
More
Nvrmnd figured it out.

Sent From Droid Ultra
18th May 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
More
If you figured it out, it would be great if you describe what you did in case someone else has a similar problem.
18th May 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeOverlord

If you figured it out, it would be great if you describe what you did in case someone else has a similar problem.

It was somehow missing from my system/app. I downloaded Eclipse build version 5 from elementalxdesigns.com extracted the AvatarPermissionsApp.apk (thank fully it wasn't debloated out) placed into system/app and change permissions to rw-r-r. I chose Eclipse ROM cause it was stock and easily accessible and I didn't really want to ask on here and wait to see if someone would post for me. I still have no idea what the app does.

Sent From Droid Ultra
28th July 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #5  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 11

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyk621

I still have no idea what the app does.

I believe AvatarPermissionsApp.apk grants the Motorola spotlight player funky privileges so it can draw a full screen overlay etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread