Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charger EP800 query

Tip us?

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default Charger EP800 query

I recently sent my handset off for repair and they forgot to send my charger back with the new handset. They've now sent me a new one, it's arrived today and is an Ep800 instead of the EP880 included with the phone from new. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The 800 seems a newer design but puts out like half the amps the 880 puts out.

Sony are beginning to annoy me...
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

meyourchum
Old
(Last edited by meyourchum; 28th July 2014 at 10:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Battery Low EP 800 vs EP 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkymole View Post
I recently sent my handset off for repair and they forgot to send my charger back with the new handset. They've now sent me a new one, it's arrived today and is an Ep800 instead of the EP880 included with the phone from new. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The 800 seems a newer design but puts out like half the amps the 880 puts out.

Sony are beginning to annoy me...
EP 800 was the charger for Sony Xperia X10 / Xperia Arc / Xperia Arc S. The E800 provides 5V DC @ 850mA
EP 800

EP 880 is the charger for Xperia Z / Xperia Z1. The EP880 provides 5V DC @ 1500mA
EP 880

I think there is no issues other than doubling the charging time with EP800.
They Would have given the old stock or something like that.
Anyways inform the Sony Service about this issue and get the EP 880 back as it is the standard in the box charger which Sony gives with the device.
dr a N g