Charger EP800 query

OP Kirkymole

25th June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61

362 posts
More
I recently sent my handset off for repair and they forgot to send my charger back with the new handset. They've now sent me a new one, it's arrived today and is an Ep800 instead of the EP880 included with the phone from new. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The 800 seems a newer design but puts out like half the amps the 880 puts out.

Sony are beginning to annoy me...
28th July 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag TRIVANDRUM
Thanks Meter: 195

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery Low EP 800 vs EP 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkymole

I recently sent my handset off for repair and they forgot to send my charger back with the new handset. They've now sent me a new one, it's arrived today and is an Ep800 instead of the EP880 included with the phone from new. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The 800 seems a newer design but puts out like half the amps the 880 puts out.

Sony are beginning to annoy me...

EP 800 was the charger for Sony Xperia X10 / Xperia Arc / Xperia Arc S. The E800 provides 5V DC @ 850mA
EP 800

EP 880 is the charger for Xperia Z / Xperia Z1. The EP880 provides 5V DC @ 1500mA
EP 880

I think there is no issues other than doubling the charging time with EP800.
They Would have given the old stock or something like that.
Anyways inform the Sony Service about this issue and get the EP 880 back as it is the standard in the box charger which Sony gives with the device.
Last edited by meyourchum; 28th July 2014 at 11:16 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread