Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wi-Fi does not work under any ROM

Tip us?

thvoicwethin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Wi-Fi does not work under any ROM

Hi all,

Been trying to figure this one out.

I had wifi working on 4.3 before, but when switched ROMs one day, suddenly the wifi won't work..at all. I've tried switching back to the ROM (Beans Build 25), went to a new ROM (Nebula), and just went to 4.4 stock debloat. Also tried flashing the Mj9 radio and nothing happens. Clearing the cache doesn't do anything either. Bluetooth works fine, no issues there.

Here's my phone stats:
GNote II - Verizon
Stock debloated 4.4 from the development forum
Baseband: I605VRUEMJ9
Kernel: 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5916 #1
Build: KOT49H.N7105XXUFND3
Hardware Version: I605.07

Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting wifi going again? I'd like to use it, but since I have unlimited data, I'm not worried about going over my "data" plan. hehe.
Phones: too many to list, current: LG G3 (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S3 (OBDII Car Phone), Samsung Galaxy Note II (Retired for now)
Carriers: Alltel prepaid, Virgin Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, Alltel, Verizon (current)

jolly_roger_hook
Old
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
Well mj9 is an old radio but if you dont want to cha ge thats okay but when I had this issue my only way to fix it was to odin back to stock unrooted reroot and reintall a rom idk what the difference was but it fixed everything

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5808364_1.gif

LAUNCHERS FOR 4.2.2 CLICK HERE

thvoicwethin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly_roger_hook View Post
Well mj9 is an old radio but if you dont want to cha ge thats okay but when I had this issue my only way to fix it was to odin back to stock unrooted reroot and reintall a rom idk what the difference was but it fixed everything

Mj9 is an old radio? I haven't seen a new one yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Phones: too many to list, current: LG G3 (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S3 (OBDII Car Phone), Samsung Galaxy Note II (Retired for now)
Carriers: Alltel prepaid, Virgin Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, Alltel, Verizon (current)

recognize_atm
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
Mj9 is an old radio? I haven't seen a new one yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
did you ever get this fixed. i have the same issue and tried odin back to a stock rom and still no wifi after rerooting.

ramiss
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Did you try pulling the battery for 30 seconds? Sometimes that is the only thing that solves it for me since reboots don't reboot the wifi hardware.
Richard
Currently rocking a Samsung Note 2.
Once owned: EVO 3D, Nook Color, Evo 4G, Hero, Moment, Touch Pro, i760, i730, IPAQ 1915 <-yeah that was over 10 years ago!

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thvoicwethin View Post
Hi all,

Been trying to figure this one out.

I had wifi working on 4.3 before, but when switched ROMs one day, suddenly the wifi won't work..at all. I've tried switching back to the ROM (Beans Build 25), went to a new ROM (Nebula), and just went to 4.4 stock debloat. Also tried flashing the Mj9 radio and nothing happens. Clearing the cache doesn't do anything either. Bluetooth works fine, no issues there.

Here's my phone stats:
GNote II - Verizon
Stock debloated 4.4 from the development forum
Baseband: I605VRUEMJ9
Kernel: 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5916 #1
Build: KOT49H.N7105XXUFND3
Hardware Version: I605.07

Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting wifi going again? I'd like to use it, but since I have unlimited data, I'm not worried about going over my "data" plan. hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly_roger_hook View Post

Flashing a radio has nothing to do with wifi turning on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by recognize_atm View Post
did you ever get this fixed. i have the same issue and tried odin back to a stock rom and still no wifi after rerooting.
If you look at a stock rom that you had wifi working.. Go and grad the kern_sec_info and lkm_sec_info and drop it under system/ directory. SHould kick it back on..

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
Tags
firmware, issue, mj9, rom, wifi