Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is Titanium Backup the most powerfull app for restoring apps and data?
Yes 11 84.62%
No 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Noobs guide to use Titanium Backup for backup and restore of apps.

Tip us?

Chaitanyapatel8880
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
I installed new Rom and After restoring the message, it gets deleted in few seconds. I already ticked the "system data migration" option in preferences

If my post helped you, please press thanks button. It is takes just one click. I will cherish it...

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Any ideas?

If my post helped you, please press thanks button. It is takes just one click. I will cherish it...
Capt. Chaitanya Patel

If my post helped you than please click on THANKS button, it might be a little for you but VERY BIG for me...

My Contribution to XDA:

[GUIDE] [MAJOR UPDATE:9-JUL-14] Extreme Batterylife thread ADVANCE SETUP GUIDE

Widgets Illusion Theme

shubhojit89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaitanyapatel8880 View Post
I installed new Rom and After restoring the message, it gets deleted in few seconds. I already ticked the "system data migration" option in preferences

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Any ideas?

No idea about this.. I mainly use titanium backup of apps not messages..
Can you tell me the exact steps you did or else you can PM me..
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhojit89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaitanyapatel8880
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
No idea about this.. I mainly use titanium backup of apps not messages..
Can you tell me the exact steps you did or else you can PM me..
It's OK... I was switching from 4.1 to 4.4. Both os uses different core apps. May be that's why I can't restore the data.

Capt. Chaitanya Patel

If my post helped you than please click on THANKS button, it might be a little for you but VERY BIG for me...

My Contribution to XDA:

[GUIDE] [MAJOR UPDATE:9-JUL-14] Extreme Batterylife thread ADVANCE SETUP GUIDE

Widgets Illusion Theme

a-t0m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to Restore APKs

Hi all. Hopefully someone can tell me how dense I am for not being able to solve this problem (or whether it's a problem at all). I have an Asus TF700 and recently changed from a stock-based jb custom rom to a cyanogenmod-based kk custom rom. On the old rom I ran the batch bakup all user apps filter, wiped tab from recovery, then installed new rom. TB was already installed on new rom so I just opened it, granted su, enabled USB debugging, and went to batch restore option. All of my app data is available for restore but none of the downloaded user apks themselves are backed up. When I open up the backup properties display for each app it shows Has App: No, Has Data: Yes. I was hoping to batch restore all user apps + data but the only way I can do it now is to install each app individually from the Play Store and then batch restore the data. This has the potential to be a very long process. I don't know if I made a mistake during TB backup or if my new rom/wipe is the problem. I'm hoping someone can point out to me where I went wrong. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

shubhojit89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-t0m View Post
Hi all. Hopefully someone can tell me how dense I am for not being able to solve this problem (or whether it's a problem at all). I have an Asus TF700 and recently changed from a stock-based jb custom rom to a cyanogenmod-based kk custom rom. On the old rom I ran the batch bakup all user apps filter, wiped tab from recovery, then installed new rom. TB was already installed on new rom so I just opened it, granted su, enabled USB debugging, and went to batch restore option. All of my app data is available for restore but none of the downloaded user apks themselves are backed up. When I open up the backup properties display for each app it shows Has App: No, Has Data: Yes. I was hoping to batch restore all user apps + data but the only way I can do it now is to install each app individually from the Play Store and then batch restore the data. This has the potential to be a very long process. I don't know if I made a mistake during TB backup or if my new rom/wipe is the problem. I'm hoping someone can point out to me where I went wrong. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi, @a-t0m as you are describing your problem.. I think you are not selecting the proper option..
When you open TB you will see a tab called schedule..
In that select add new schedule.. You will see drop down list..
Tap on the first drop down list.. You will see option of backup all user data. Select it.. Save it.. Manually run it or schedule as you like.. Your apk as well as data will be saved..
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhojit89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HsHTCsen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi, wondering if anyone may have a suggestion. I'm not getting any action restoring a backed up User Dictionary with TB. It seems to create the backup but not restore it. Tried both data and app+data and reboots but still no action. HTC One rooted ARHD 71.1 (4.4.2)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shubhojit89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsHTCsen View Post
Hi, wondering if anyone may have a suggestion. I'm not getting any action restoring a backed up User Dictionary with TB. It seems to create the backup but not restore it. Tried both data and app+data and reboots but still no action. HTC One rooted ARHD 71.1 (4.4.2)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well you can try is manually take backup..

How? tap on your dictionary app take a backup..

Now restore that only.. See if that helps..

Data not restored?? Tap on the app again.. tap on wipe data.. Now restore data only not app+data or app only..

saijm4444
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
hello there

it is safe to remove Samsung Apps such as S Planner, S Voice using "Force remove app" function?
Yes, it is. These are bloatware, not required by the system to run.

nicods
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cloud sync

I have the full version of TIBackup and used the sync feature to have a copy of my backups in my Google Drive account (manual sync, I lauch it every now and then or just when I want to backup a particular app), what does it happen if I want to cancel them from my phone memory (a nexus 5, if it matters)? next time I make a backup and I give the sync command, will it delete those backup files from my cloud too?
I want to keep them only in my google Drive account.

Tags
backup, guide titanium backup, restore, restore titanium backup, titanium backup