Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So I've managed to remove the whole OS...

Tip us?

Jayanyway
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
Looks like an AT&T model to me.
Something that is not clear to me: Did you convert your phone to GPE or not? The partiton sizes are different so, if you did a GPE conversion you would need to convert your firmware partitions back.

If you didn't convert to GPE, you should just be able to restore a CWS__001 backup from the stock backups thread in the general section, flash stock recovery and download/install the OTA.
Yes, I have an AT&T HTC One M8. As far as I know, I never converted to GPE. Here's a history of what I've done as far as flashing goes.

Unlocked bootload, rooted, went S-Off, flashed Android Revolution, flashed Viper ROM, went back to Android Revolution then tried to go back to stock and broke my phone. Now I'm back on Android Revolution. I did a whole bunch of factory resets/dalvik wipes and such so maybe that's why it looks confusing?

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
If you didn't convert to GPE, you should just be able to restore a CWS__001 backup from the stock backups thread in the general section, flash stock recovery and download/install the OTA.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 everything explained thread for teh noobs

Daesh_
Old
(Last edited by Daesh_; 16th May 2014 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem?

Hey folks!

I have the same question I think and I don't want to open a new thread.

I flashed SinlessRom over ViperOne without converting to GPe and now I'm stuck in a bootloop...
Can I restore a CWS__001 backup from the stock backups thread, flash stock recovery and I'm good to go?

Edit: Ok, my m8 is working now after flashing ViperOne, because it fixed the partitions
Edit2: There is still no information about the os when I'm booting into the bootloader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dd.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2747524  

Lintux_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does nobody know, why there is no firmware version?