XBMC

Search This thread

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
Thank you very much! Will try the playercorefactory.xml today.
Cheers!

New Xoom version is built that should also work on android 4.2. MX Player Free is used as default with Archos Video Player Free used for videos on a windows share. Both should be installed and configured (run them once). I am using internal DVDPlayer for rtmpe streams (Hulu needs this). Get it here...

Had to rebuild librtmp again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ijbf1k19zbje4pu/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-05.apk

Last edited:

zaktell

Oct 8, 2010
Can someone tell me how to play movies from my local network with XBMC but with external player like MX, because with the build-in player I have a lot of stuttering.
Thanks and cheers!

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
Can someone tell me how to play movies from my local network with XBMC but with external player like MX, because with the build-in player I have a lot of stuttering.
Thanks and cheers!
In xmbc long press your movie a pop up window will appear select (play using) you will have eleven players to choose from select whatever is on you tablet..

EmbGuy

Feb 9, 2008
I built a new Xoom (tegra2) version that fixes Justin.TV streams. This version still plays Hulu streams (remember you have turn off network preroll and all ads for hulu plugin to work). Get it here: xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk

Thanks this version works on my TF101 with a custom 4.31.ROM. It works with MX Player for HW acceleration.

I uninstalled the installed XBMC before installing this version. I had problem running the XBMXHUB wizzard. It works after reboot TF101.:good:

t3rm3y

Feb 18, 2009
Essex
Any updates with this?
i am keen to test it out tonight as found my xoom just sitting in a drawer and want to try connecting it to a portable harddrive with Xoom. Its my only rooted device :)

malabeco

Jan 29, 2012
I am looking for a xbmc for my xoom also.. I am running eos 4.4.4

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad to hear no more crashes. The stuttering is due to no hardware decoding. I am trying to get that working but no good solution for all files/streams yet.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I built a new Xoom (tegra2) version that fixes Justin.TV streams. This version still plays Hulu streams (remember you have turn off network preroll and all ads for hulu plugin to work). Get it here: xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-06.apk
    I made another build that should help with 720p videos. It uses the custom ndk by kemonine... not sure if it does much for speed. But I also modifed the playercorefactory.xml so that it uses MXPlayerFree for almost all streaming and local files, Archos Video Player (Free) for windows shares (samba) since MXPlayer doesn't support network shares, and DVDPlayer for rtmpe (encrypted rtmp) so that the BlueCops Hulu plugin plays.

To get the new playercorefactory you will need to uninstall old version of XBMC. You will also have to have Archos Player free and MXPlayer free versions installed... and setup (run them once). Link to new version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx3sf39brucufr2/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-09-01.apk
    Did the previous version work for you? Does xbmc fc on startup? I don't know what cross breeder is or if it would make any difference. The only thing I can think of is that the optimized for tegra ndk by kemonine is slightly older and may not support the newer os. I use eos3 but can try eos 4. If that is the problem...will need to go back to non optimized ndk.

OK, tested on eos4 and doesn't start. Research shows that the ndk modified for tegra 2 doesn't work past android 4.1. I am trying to build with newest ndk so will be awhile before new version is up. Meanwhile you could use the older version with the new playerfactory to see if that helps.

What is the procedure to add this?..

You put playercorefactory.xml in Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata.