Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][T,TL,V,TX] DIRECT ROOT + RECOVERY on Android 4.3

Tip us?

kokonuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low Does this mean I don't have to unlock bootloader?

I'm dumb:

If I'm rooted and have the recovery installed, does this mean I don't have to unlock my bootloader when installing third party ROMs?

Does something like 2ndInit exist or is it needed at all? I used to have a Defy+ and the bootloader was impossible to unlock, but it was bypassed with 2ndInit which then loaded any ROM.

Thanks!

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonuk View Post
I'm dumb:
snip ...
If I'm rooted and have the recovery installed, does this mean I don't have to unlock my bootloader when installing third party ROMs?
Yes.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

istux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonuk View Post
With a locked bootloader you can install any rom based ONLY on stock firmware.
With an unlocked bootloader you can install any custom rom (cyanogenmod, omnirom, miui... and so on) or just a custom kernel working with stock firmware (doomkernel, etc...)
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kokonuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux View Post
With a locked bootloader you can install any rom based ONLY on stock firmware.
With an unlocked bootloader you can install any custom rom (cyanogenmod, omnirom, miui... and so on) or just a custom kernel working with stock firmware (doomkernel, etc...)
Thank you for that info! The biggest problem I have with stock ROM is that it prevents from installing APK's and things in general on the actual SD card, and the internal 2GB on my Xperia V gets filled up really fast. I have a 32GB SD card and can currently use it only for my photos, which is a huge waste of space - and also my 2GB internal is constantly full. Might be a bit off-topic, but is there a way around this on stock-based ROMs?

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 166
There are apps which provide that capability, search for App2SD. Or system tools which do the job, such as Android Tuner, Appmanager, etc.I remember there are also stock based ROMs where the developer built that capability in.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

Arioman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
when i want to install FlashgordonBB , i get installing this app may harm your device, Google recommended to not install this app

is this ok ??

anyway FlashgordonBB link : File Temporarily Unavailable now on Dev host !!

istux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioman View Post
when i want to install FlashgordonBB , i get installing this app may harm your device, Google recommended to not install this app

is this ok ??

anyway FlashgordonBB link : File Temporarily Unavailable now on Dev host !!
1) Yes it's ok

2) You're right, link doesn't work anymore, let's ask @peetr_ what's going on
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigb0119
Old
(Last edited by bigb0119; 26th July 2014 at 09:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I have successfully rooted my Xperia V 9.2.a.2.5 and tried to install recovery
After installing flash gordon, I selected the zip file, clicked to grant root access to flash gordon, and it showed "Extracting" for several minutes which kept appeared.
I tried to hit "back" on my phone, that "extracting" disappeared, so I hit the "flash now" button.
The app said successful and reboot required. I manually power off the phone, but the recovery is not installed.
Is the "Extracting" message normal??
Thanks

================================================== =======================================
Problem found!
I havn't put the recovery zip file into the root folder of internal storage
solution: Put it into root folder

mejkus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very simple and great guide, everything is working on my LT30p : ) If I've done everything from this (root+recovery) and want to install custom rom like PureXT, do I need to do steps 1-3 over again?