Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root and bootloader unlock on stock KK

Tip us?

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1280
My thread uses the FXZ so it doesn't care what version you're coming from. It can be flashed onto any version and allows you to keep your data while doing so.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
Moto X Developer Edition

Artnig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Dev View Post
This is what I was told elsewhere, except step 2 did not work out great for me (couldn't SBF) so I decided to flash the whole FXZ, and it worked (in which case you could also skip step 3).

1. Download the official stock firmware for your phone and provider from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
2. Extract the zip file to a local directory on your PC, modify the XML file which is included and keep only the 'flash' commands (remove the 'erase' to keep your data).
3. Save the XML after cleaning.
4. Using motorola RSDLite, flash the zip file to your phone (now containing the modified XML).
5. After you're done, flash dhacker's new TWRP 2.7.1.1 for this phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776515 or his new CWM 6.0.4.9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747535

Unless you're planning on installing a custom ROM afterwards, I would encourage you to then get busy with SamuriHL's thread here: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...a-442-1834614/
Thank you much sir, got it working.

HeliNut
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Still Possible?

Just reading the news about a new opportunity to unlock the bl. I missed the boat the first time around. Am I too late?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliNut View Post
Just reading the news about a new opportunity to unlock the bl. I missed the boat the first time around. Am I too late?
no
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789743
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HeliNut
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
Let me clarify. I apologize if I am in the wrong place for this!

I have a completely stock Razr M "non rooted / locked bl", not updated since OTA last year.

System version 98.16.3.XT907
9.8.1Q-78-1
Wed May 29 2013

I had no idea the M was getting KK until a few days ago! I fear that since I have not yet updated to KK that I have missed out again? If I check for updates now, I think I will get the version with the exploit already blocked? Wish I would have found out about this sooner!

P.S. I am however happy that some of you got a second chance and took it, opportunity rarely knocks more than once!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliNut View Post
Let me clarify. I apologize if I am in the wrong place for this!

I have a completely stock Razr M "non rooted / locked bl", not updated since OTA last year.

System version 98.16.3.XT907
9.8.1Q-78-1
Wed May 29 2013

I had no idea the M was getting KK until a few days ago! I fear that since I have not yet updated to KK that I have missed out again? If I check for updates now, I think I will get the version with the exploit already blocked? Wish I would have found out about this sooner!

P.S. I am however happy that some of you got a second chance and took it, opportunity rarely knocks more than once!
ahh, you are indeed in the wrong forum, this is the hd/maxx hd forum.

you can still use all of the guide except the hd specific files. use @SamuriHL's method with your phones current kk build, that way there will be no chance you get the new update by checking on the phone. afterwards, you can proceed to the rooting and unlocking parts. both phones use the same files for that.

***just dont use my Utility or the JB file, they are for the 926 only***
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks

metalcated
Old
Thanks Meter 45
ha awesome!! worked for my GF's phone. nice. Flashed firmware to KK.

1. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8 (Android 4.4.2 Blur_Version.183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US)
2. Downloaded lastest towelroot. Rooted, no reboot needed
3. Downloaded metalocalypse, rebooted and profit!

So easy it kills me with the amount of time I spent when she first got this phone! We love it lol
Phone: Verizon HTC M8 - Unlocked
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 - Unlocked (Fixed!)
ROM: M8 -> DH's Android L GPE [ElementalX Kernel]
ROM: S3 -> Official CM11 nightlies [Stock Kernel]
M8 GPE ROM/Mods/Kernel Mirror: Click Here