Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 50,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

adbFire 1.02 : Companion/Sideloader/USB Mounter for FireTV/XBMC

Tip us?

ilovemymac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/adbFire/adbFire.app

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemymac View Post
failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/adbFire/adbFire.app
I got it to open but it doesn't do anything when i type in the address of the fire tv it just says not connected. When i hit ADB start it does nothing.

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 25th July 2014 at 10:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I got it to open but it doesn't do anything when i type in the address of the fire tv it just says not connected. When i hit ADB start it does nothing.
I spoke too soon, the xattr -d trick doesn't do the whole job. You also have to make sure individual components (adb, scripts, etc) are executable. I really don't want to support this, please download with Chrome or Firefox.

Edit: I tried a zip archive with safari as well. You have to go through the same rigamarole as with a dmg file.

ilovemymac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
I spoke too soon, the xattr -d trick doesn't do the whole job. You also have to make sure individual components (adb, scripts, etc) are executable. I really don't want to support this, please download with Chrome or Firefox.

Edit: I tried a zip archive with safari as well. You have to go through the same rigamarole as with a dmg file.
OK well it doesnt do any different downloaded from firefox so i dont know. It opens but it just doesnt do anything else

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK well it doesnt do any different downloaded from firefox so i dont know. It opens but it just doesnt do anything else
Sorry, I can't duplicate your error with firefox/chrome downloads. It runs fine here on multiple Macs. Make sure that you've completely eradicated the quarantined download, try running /Applications/adbFire/adb from a command-line, etc.

Lake Camelot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default What should I try?

Quote:
Sorry, I can't duplicate your error with firefox/chrome downloads. It runs fine here on multiple Macs. Make sure that you've completely eradicated the quarantined download, try running /Applications/adbFire/adb from a command-line, etc.
Any possible list of things I can check out to see what the problem is? I have XBMC on my fire TV. I was able to load it with another program after a lot of messing around. I can't seem to get this to work so far. First possible cause could be my PC is still XP.

Anyway ADBfire says I am connected. when I try install apk or root fire tv. The file shows it slowly transferring until 1/2 notch is left showing. Then nothing. I have let it run as long as 4 hours to see if something happens. But nothing. I am doing it over my wifi connection.

Any idea what I should check? Firewall? I thought maybe that, but I was able to load XBMC on it at one time.

finalheaven
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No need to uninstall. Just use the install apk button, all your settings are preserved. The -r flag is used for all installs. If you want a clean slate, uninstall first.

The update checkbox is a toggle. When you leave the preferences dialog, it checks the status of the checkbox and acts accordingly, e.g. if you've left the updates on checkbox unchecked, it will disable updates, or vice-versa if you've checked it.
Does the update checkbox matter if box is unrooted? Or does it only disable updates if the box is rooted?

jocala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalheaven View Post
Does the update checkbox matter if box is unrooted? Or does it only disable updates if the box is rooted?
Root only.

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc