Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad Toolbox

Tip us?

sstar
Old
(Last edited by sstar; 26th July 2014 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
this is really interesting, how do we go about doing that? and what do we name it?

thks
This is what you need to rename it to (uImage.TPtoolbox) without the brackets.

It's in the zip file which you need to unzip and you should be able to figure out which one it is, its called toolbox something. bin and it's the only one that is around 12mb in size.
It takes a few minutes to do the job but will say when it's finished /done running the firmware.

PS you will need to use an app with root privileges such as Rom Toolbox lite to paste it into the boot folder.
Have fun.

cdmcfud
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
This is what you need to rename it to (uImage.TPtoolbox) without the brackets.

It's in the zip file which you need to unzip and you should be able to figure out which one it is, its called toolbox something. bin and it's the only one that is around 12mb in size.
It takes a few minutes to do the job but will say when it's finished /done running the firmware.

PS you will need to use an app with root privileges such as Rom Toolbox lite to paste it into the boot folder.
Have fun.
I tried that and it did nothing. Is there a particular file in boot I should have put it in? Can anyone give more details?

sstar
Old
(Last edited by sstar; 27th July 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmcfud View Post
I tried that and it did nothing. Is there a particular file in boot I should have put it in? Can anyone give more details?
OK here is what I did with Rom Toolbox available on play store after unzipping and renaming the the the correct file I then copied it and then opened the boot folder and pasted it. It is possible that you did not rename it correctly, please refer to my previous post and copy what I said to rename it to. If you have further problems pm me and I will Skype you through it.
All the best.

I have now attached a big picture of my boot folder hopefully that will help, but I'm British so therefore at the office (Pub).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnsmith33584
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Sstar is correct in everything he has posted. You have to use a file browser that has root permissions such as he suggests, Rom Toolbox Lite, to copy and paste the renamed file into the boot folder. And no, you don't put uImage.toolbox anywhere except in the boot folder itself. You have to be exact in the spelling of the name, uImage.TPtoolbox. That's u(uppercase(i)mage.TPtoolbox, uImage.toolbox. People mistake the uppercase i for a lower case L.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnsmith33584 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1663

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith33584 View Post
Sstar is correct in everything he has posted. You have to use a file browser that has root permissions such as he suggests, Rom Toolbox Lite, to copy and paste the renamed file into the boot folder. And no, you don't put uImage.toolbox anywhere except in the boot folder itself. You have to be exact in the spelling of the name, uImage.TPtoolbox. That's u(uppercase(i)mage.TPtoolbox, uImage.toolbox. People mistake the uppercase i for a lower case L.
You can actually name it anything you want as long as you prefix it with uImage.xxxxx (and uImage has to be exact and no spaces in the suffix xxxxx)
The Following User Says Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdmcfud
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post

OK here is what I did with Rom Toolbox available on play store after unzipping and renaming the the the correct file I then copied it and then opened the boot folder and pasted it. It is possible that you did not rename it correctly, please refer to my previous post and copy what I said to rename it to. If you have further problems pm me and I will Skype you through it.
All the best.

I have now attached a big picture of my boot folder hopefully that will help, but I'm British so therefore at the office (Pub).
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith33584 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash View Post
You can actually name it anything you want as long as you prefix it with uImage.xxxxx (and uImage has to be exact and no spaces in the suffix xxxxx)

Thanks I had an L instead of a uppercase I. I changed that and it worked perfect.
I expected it to be harder.
The Following User Says Thank You to cdmcfud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Thanks I had an L instead of a uppercase I. I changed that and it worked perfect.
I expected it to be harder.
You are more than welcome, I'm glad you've got it sorted. Now the fun begins. ☺👍
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gtallmadge
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you for the walk through on how to do this. Just flashed the A6 firmware without issue. This is great!

The Following User Says Thank You to gtallmadge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]