Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Tip us?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieroro View Post
Thanks joshm! So I shouldn't have to install any more modules or wifi fixes after doing this full wipe ODIN, Towelroot, and Safestrap?
Whenever you flash a Rom with safestrap you''re supposed to flash the modules that match your boot loader, nc5 in your case. Should be able to find those in the safestrap thread. The WiFi fix seems to user dependent, if you need it you can find it in most of gigilie's threads.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

aircooledbusses
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Alright, I know this is not the help/question/noob thread, but I'm I'm a pickle. Redirect me if you must. Verizon s4 that was on nc5 baseband-i don't know the bootloader, but it was 4.4.2 if that helps. Rooted with towel root and twrp through too manager. Yeah, I know that's where the problem came from. So now the phone is (hopefully) in a soft brick state stuck in down load or Odin mode. Odin recognizes the phone. I don't care to keep DAT or retain root, I just was it to function. Is the nc5 full wipe with the pit my correct next step? Thank you in advance, razz me if you must, I deserve it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sgh i747 Pwn's latest kernel
GT-I9070 Vanir
Nexus 7 Carbon ROM Glitched
ADR6300 Touch of Blue
Nexus S handed down to my son
sgh i500 Parandroid -handed down

us my referral code for COPY please 5gig bonus for you and me!
https://copy.com?r=iBySZk

Paramemetic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Am I right in understanding that the "no-wipe" in this means it won't wipe my data/apps/etc.?

I'd like to go from the pre-rooted NC5 to a stock NC5 but I don't really want to deal with app data since I have some that are counters and databases and such for daily practices and so on.

haza12d
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I'm having problems with my MDK device and need to send it in for RMA. I Odin'd back to stock non rooted MDK but it won't update to latest firmware. The OTA fails. I'm thinking that the system isn't fully stock although Download Mode says everything is official. Can I Odin this on top of my current build and will this put be back to stock? I'm taking about the full wipe tar. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

haza12d
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Anyone? I need to get my phone back to stock today and need to send it in tomorrow?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by haza12d View Post
I'm having problems with my MDK device and need to send it in for RMA. I Odin'd back to stock non rooted MDK but it won't update to latest firmware. The OTA fails. I'm thinking that the system isn't fully stock although Download Mode says everything is official. Can I Odin this on top of my current build and will this put be back to stock? I'm taking about the full wipe tar. Thanks!

Yes
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

Romeo5k
Old
(Last edited by Romeo5k; 26th July 2014 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up THANK YOU

GOD BLESS YOUR HEART SOUL, MIND AND ALL THAT!!!
You dont know the struggle when a n00b tries to fiddle with firmware and stuff and screws it up, and never backed up a thing.. Dinner is on me!
I used the factory one.. The wipe and all.!! Works like a charm

djsbad
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUFNC5. This is the stock factory image. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason and this Odin tar doesn't work I suggest using the VRUFNC2 factory image from sextape instead.

For the sake of simplicity, I've also included a mirror to the MJ7 and MK2 "emergency" Full-wipe Odin tars as well MJ7 Full-Wipe and MK2 Full-Wipe

@Tomsgt made a great video of the process that can be viewed here

Information:

1. ROOT METHOD can be found here

2. Otherwise, Download Odin 3.09 here (Note: Bootloader = BL , PDA = AP , Phone = CP)

Download: VRUFNC5 No-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_yni63xq6zh.zip
MD5: 71d1c7ea58d2ba81ccadd965b54a2215

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip
MD5: 8a22dd4a47c2c5f890227fd952657d38

Directions:

No-Wipe

1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
3. Click start and wait for it to say Pass!

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.
Is NC2 or NC5 the latest?

scootier
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsbad View Post
Is NC2 or NC5 the latest?
NC5 is the latest for vzw s4
If I've helped, please hit the "thanks" button.
.....I wish I joined xda before I took the ME7 OTA

Device: hyperdriven (rls17.1), safestrapped (3.72) galaxy s4 (MJ7/NC5 sch-i545)
The Following User Says Thank You to scootier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sethjk
Old
(Last edited by sethjk; 28th July 2014 at 06:27 PM.) Reason: Figured it out!
Thanks Meter 1
Failing. Gets hung up on SetupConnection. Any ideas?

Edit: Stupid Drivers. Apparently needed to reinstall drivers and now it's working. ALLL MORNING!!!!

Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545