Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP][21.05.2014]Update: IO Explorer 3.6 for interop-unlocked SAMSUNG devices

Tip us?
 
contable
Old
#101  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 953
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame View Post
I'm Pretty sure no .
as I remember Windows Apps folder in Windows Phone and also in Windows 8 Pro needs permission that I couldn't access .
So we only can access the WINDOWSAPPS folder on the sd card....
 
ngame
Old
#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 344
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mashad
Quote:
Originally Posted by contable View Post
So we only can access the WINDOWSAPPS folder on the sd card....
Why don't you add a text box like windows explorer to navigate everywhere you want freely?
Nokia Lumia 920
GDR3 Developer Preview
Developer Unlock : ✔
Interop Unlock : Soon...
 
contable
Old
#103  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 953
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame View Post
Why don't you add a text box like windows explorer to navigate everywhere you want freely?
I allready added a textbox for custom browsing.
The Following User Says Thank You to contable For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
(Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 29th June 2014 at 09:17 AM.)
#104  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Posts: 5,682
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Shouldn't be that confusing. You may be using an old version of the library? Or possibly one compiled without the USE_NON_PUBLIC_APIS macro (which is defined at the top of FileSystem.h).
Code:
String[] drives = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem.GetDriveLetters();
I'm curious whether, if you recompiled the app for 8.0, it would still work? So far all of my apps have targeted 8.0, and it doesn't work for me. I can open the folder, in theory, but I can't access any members of it without getting an exception. All capabilities from IO Explorer are in my test app.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
contable
Old
#105  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 953
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Shouldn't be that confusing. You may be using an old version of the library? Or possibly one compiled without the USE_NON_PUBLIC_APIS macro (which is defined at the top of FileSystem.h).
Code:
String[] drives = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem.GetDriveLetters();
I'm curious whether, if you recompiled the app for 8.0, it would still work? So far all of my apps have targeted 8.0, and it doesn't work for me. I can open the folder, in theory, but I can't access any members of it without getting an exception. All capabilities from IO Explorer are in my test app.
Indeed I have to update the library first....
 
contable
Old
#106  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 953
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
@GoodDayToDie:

The latest library gives me like 21 errors...

private NativeFileSystem nf = new NativeFileSystem();

doesnīt work... How to use it ?
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
#107  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Posts: 5,682
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Oh wow, you were using an old version. All the APIs in NativeFileSystem are static now (there was no reason for them to be instance methods).

If you want to make it work easily without re-writing much, make the following changes:
* Remove the constructor.
* At the top of the doc (after the other using declarations), put this:
Code:
using nf = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem;
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
contable
Old
#108  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 953
Posts: 1,690
Join Date: Oct 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Oh wow, you were using an old version. All the APIs in NativeFileSystem are static now (there was no reason for them to be instance methods).

If you want to make it work easily without re-writing much, make the following changes:
* Remove the constructor.
* At the top of the doc (after the other using declarations), put this:
Code:
using nf = FileSystem.NativeFileSystem;
Thanks for helping. Itīs working fine.

GetDriveLetters() returns C:\, D:\, U:\ (=> C:\Data folder).

I will send you a pm with another interesting .dll. I canīt get it working so far. Maybe you can help again.
 
serpico84
Old
#109  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Madrid
Hi, Contable. Recently I've gone back from WP 8.1 to WP 8.0 GDR3. When I had installed your app in 8.1 I was able to change the model of my Ativ S to cheat the store and installed apps from Nokia collection.

Now I'm on GDR3 and the last version of your app for 8.0 doesn't have this tweak.

Could you tell me what are the tricks to write in SamWP8 app?

Thanks in advance.
 
lomax50
Old
#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 153
Join Date: Oct 2010
You can do that with WP8Tweaks v1.5. (In Tools, registry editor)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes