Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 40,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to make a perfect unrooted

Tip us?

lmerega
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwid View Post
Sorry, don't know. I'm trying to find a way install OTA update on rooted device.
BTW to find out if you have root checker do this command in the shell:
Code:
Select Code
ps | grep rctd
I have no process matching rtcd
Luca aka L'uka
HTC Google Nexus One (sold) - Samsung Google Nexus S (sold) - LG Optimus Dual (sold) - iPhone 4 16 Gb (sold) - iPhone 4S 16 Gb (sold) - Samsung Galaxy S II (sold) - Samsung Nexus Galaxy (sold) - Samsung Galaxy Note (sold) - Samsung Galaxy SIII (sold) - Motorola Droid HD (sold) - HTC One (sold) - Nexus 4 (sold) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold) - Samsung Note 2 (sold) - Samsung Note 3 (sold) - Lg G2 (in use)

Redwid
Old
(Last edited by Redwid; 27th June 2014 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmerega View Post
I have no process matching rtcd
Lucky you.
What device version and firmware do you have?
But it should be rctd not rtcd

lmerega
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
D802 16 Gbyte 6SW
Sw: D80220b-EUR-XX

HTH
Luca aka L'uka
HTC Google Nexus One (sold) - Samsung Google Nexus S (sold) - LG Optimus Dual (sold) - iPhone 4 16 Gb (sold) - iPhone 4S 16 Gb (sold) - Samsung Galaxy S II (sold) - Samsung Nexus Galaxy (sold) - Samsung Galaxy Note (sold) - Samsung Galaxy SIII (sold) - Motorola Droid HD (sold) - HTC One (sold) - Nexus 4 (sold) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold) - Samsung Note 2 (sold) - Samsung Note 3 (sold) - Lg G2 (in use)

Faith_G2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I check to see if my phone was rooted using the 3845 method and it says it isn't rooted but if I do a full reset when the phone comes back to life it comes up with the TWRP. Screen for a short amount of time, how do I get rid of that screen on startup?

twiztednibbz
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pttr_88 View Post
Hello! Does your method work with a custom recovery and after the reset will it be gone?
yes mate takes it back to a complete stock phone with no markers set off and locked on the download screen

M.Gamal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztednibbz View Post
basically I cannot talk for any other model apart from d802 as this is what I have. but basically all you need to do to get it to show unrooted is to download the lg mobile support tool > open it > plug in usb while holding power and vol up with phone OFF to get into download mode > open the LG mobile support tool > go to options (top right) and press upgrade recovery.... the tool will download the original stock firmware onto the pc then install it on the phone. DO NOT unplug it until 100% on the PC. the phone will reboot about 80% on the pc but phone will have reached 100%. next do 2 factory resets using the power button and vol up method and you will find the unrooted status re-appears if you go back into download mode. Its also worth noting that it works best and flawlessly on com port 4 some ppl have experienced issues on other com ports.

obviously I accept no responsibility for you breaking your phone if you try it but I have done this at least 70 x to get out of bad fashes and it works every single one.

takes you about 30 min for the file to download but without that file downloading its probably about 5 minutes user input the longest/hardest bit being getting into the factory reset screen. lol.
i did all u said but when the tool starts to download the software it just stops after 20-25 secs everytime .....so downloaded the kdz file myself and flashed it with the lg flash tool 2014 which provided in that thread and then did 2 factory hard reset but it didnt work as it still shows ROOTED in red in the download mode .....plz help anyone help me ....i have to send my phone to warranaty .....thx in advance

Christian Nothing
Old
Thanks Meter 5548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Gamal View Post
i did all u said but when the tool starts to download the software it just stops after 20-25 secs everytime .....so downloaded the kdz file myself and flashed it with the lg flash tool 2014 which provided in that thread and then did 2 factory hard reset but it didnt work as it still shows ROOTED in red in the download mode .....plz help anyone help me ....i have to send my phone to warranaty .....thx in advance
try to flash a jb firmware , i did it with mine and it doesnt show rooted , but make sure to do a factory reset to get it booting with jb from kk

oh one more tip: make sure they wont flash kk cuz the rooted status will show up again