Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][NO NEED HTCDEV UNLOCK]Sick of the wire trick of S-OFF? Here's Rumrunner!!

Tip us?

ichigo_kurosaki
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasterRetsan View Post
Hi! Using temp_root.bat didn't work out. This time it could do more things but it told me this:
pouring (1)..............
pouring (2)...
WTF: What are you doing?
Press ENTER to exit

But I didn't do anything

Should I try again? Or Should I flash vipers rom?

Thank you very much!!
Lol..did it really say.that "wtf?" Line on you? Hehe..couldn't stop laughing my ass off..

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MY DEVICE TIMELINE:

PHONE: HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio z715e
ROM: ViperS5.2.1
KERNEL: 3.4.10 SebastianFM1.0.4
BOOTLOADER: Unlocked,Rumrunner S-OFF
RECOVERY: 4Ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.6 RC2

TABLET: Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi (rooted)
ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.4
KERNEL: Stock
BOOTLOADER: Unlocked
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.7.0

Follow my Beginners' Sensation AIO Guide

"Hit that THANKS button if my post has helped you. It's not that hard, is it?

sinkadorable
Old
Thanks Meter 3
how to solve this
Quote:
Problem

Nanoemp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm trying to do this but...

Hi everyone. First of all I would really like to thank you because this forum is really helpful, I've been finding solutions for my issues for years and everything is so well explained so I never need to ask, until now!
I own a Sensation, 1.27, Android 4.0.3 STOCK, kernel 3.0.16-g31a4fc7. I tried a huge amount of times the wire trick last year but I got sick of it.
After seeing this tools I've been trying again.
I have unlocked the bootloader with htcdev, I have the latest version of 4ext working and I have rooted it (confirm by root checker app).
adb and fastboot working (see the device attached with adb devices and fastboot devices)
I have tried this, in a windows 7 with internet connectiĦon without any antivirus or antimalware and with windows firewall disabled and I got this, no error but just exit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	errorsoju.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2873549

I used the temporal root then and got this error message: download updated packege from rumrunner.es.

Name:	errorsoju2.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2873550

I have read this is because the antivirus, but I'm sure I have disabled everything...
I got this error once, I haven't seen it again and I'm trying a lot.

Name:	errorsoju3.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	2873551

Does anyone have an idea? I have tried two different cables, other usb port...the only thing I cannot change is the computer, but I do have a partition with ubuntu 12.04 so if anyone can tell me where to find instructions for ubuntu I could try so.

Maybhe the next I could do is flash vipers rom...I thought it's better to install the universal firmware (and you have to be s-off) vefore installing any custom rom...wouldn't be any problem with my firmware??

Thank you so much, hope someone could help me because I'm really pissed off with s-offing this...

Thanks!!

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoemp View Post
Hi everyone. First of all I would really like to thank you because this forum is really helpful, I've been finding solutions for my issues for years and everything is so well explained so I never need to ask, until now!
I own a Sensation, 1.27, Android 4.0.3 STOCK, kernel 3.0.16-g31a4fc7. I tried a huge amount of times the wire trick last year but I got sick of it.
After seeing this tools I've been trying again.
I have unlocked the bootloader with htcdev, I have the latest version of 4ext working and I have rooted it (confirm by root checker app).
adb and fastboot working (see the device attached with adb devices and fastboot devices)
I have tried this, in a windows 7 with internet connectiĦon without any antivirus or antimalware and with windows firewall disabled and I got this, no error but just exit:

Attachment 2873549

I used the temporal root then and got this error message: download updated packege from rumrunner.es.
Attachment 2873550

I have read this is because the antivirus, but I'm sure I have disabled everything...
I got this error once, I haven't seen it again and I'm trying a lot.

Attachment 2873551

Does anyone have an idea? I have tried two different cables, other usb port...the only thing I cannot change is the computer, but I do have a partition with ubuntu 12.04 so if anyone can tell me where to find instructions for ubuntu I could try so.

Maybhe the next I could do is flash vipers rom...I thought it's better to install the universal firmware (and you have to be s-off) vefore installing any custom rom...wouldn't be any problem with my firmware??

Thank you so much, hope someone could help me because I'm really pissed off with s-offing this...

Thanks!!
did you try the procedure again?
also you can flash any custom rom with your current firmware
if you have the same result then go for vipers rom
100% guarantee

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.2.1 JB Sense 5 | Sense 6 Blinkfeed
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC3 testing build: 8
S-OFF
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nanoemp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
did you try the procedure again?
also you can flash any custom rom with your current firmware
if you have the same result then go for vipers rom
100% guarantee
Thank you so much for your response. I'm trying again, same result, keep trying though!
I have just realized that in the last OTA I received, last year I think, I got this firmware. So, this is the best one?:
software 3.33.401.53
11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M

So, how important is soff in installing custom roms? Do you think I need to do anything else, before installing any custom ROM? (I was thinking in this one for example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073).

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.

rzr86
Old
(Last edited by rzr86; Yesterday at 01:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1964
Quote:
Thank you so much for your response. I'm trying again, same result, keep trying though!
I have just realized that in the last OTA I received, last year I think, I got this firmware. So, this is the best one?:
software 3.33.401.53

So, how important is soff in installing custom roms? Do you think I need to do anything else, before installing any custom ROM? (I was thinking in this one for example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073).

S-OFF is not required for flashing custom roms
with S-OFF you have access to the firmware partition which in S-ON you don't
with S-OFF you can flash a patched firmware

the only thing you have to do before flashing a new rom:
make a nandroid from 4ext
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
enable smartflash from 4ext(since you are on S-ON)
flash the rom
done

PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
S-OFF
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
software 3.33.401.53

S-Off is not neccessary for installing custom roms, you just need to flash boot.img seperately always. Since you're unlocked already install 4ext recovery, then the ViperS 5.2.1 and run this again. That was proven to work. Then you'll have S-Off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sajito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nanoemp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
S-OFF is not required for flashing custom roms
with S-OFF you have access to the firmware partition which in S-ON you don't
with S-OFF you can flash a patched firmware

the only thing you have to do before flashing a new rom:
make a nandroid from 4ext
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
enable smartflash from 4ext(since you are on S-ON)
flash the rom
done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito View Post
S-Off is not neccessary for installing custom roms, you just need to flash boot.img seperately always. Since you're unlocked already install 4ext recovery, then the ViperS 5.2.1 and run this again. That was proven to work. Then you'll have S-Off.
Thank you so much.
I will try with viper room then and I have everything done before installing the custom room.
Altough it's good to know I have 3.33 firmware I could keep going with the smartflash solution.
Thanks to all, I'm going to try with the viper.

Nanoemp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have succesfully flashed the ROM, ViperS 5.2.1, and it looks great. I think I will keep it.
However, I'm getting the same error, no antivirus, admin permissions, internet connection, adb and flashboot working, I have checked the permissions again but nothing.

I will keep trying but any idea? The error asks me to download the updated package at rumrunner.es...but I don't understand, I think I have everything needed.

Thanks for your help though, this ROM looks great.

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1964
Quote:
I have succesfully flashed the ROM, ViperS 5.2.1, and it looks great. I think I will keep it.
However, I'm getting the same error, no antivirus, admin permissions, internet connection, adb and flashboot working, I have checked the permissions again but nothing.

I will keep trying but any idea? The error asks me to download the updated package at rumrunner.es...but I don't understand, I think I have everything needed.

Thanks for your help though, this ROM looks great.
i can't understand what updated package is required!
if i think something i will come back

S-OFF