OP bryce850

28th July 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 22

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctahjeph

Do you have the number you used to call Sony? I am in a similar situation. Phone was in my pocket and cracked. Is there a repair center I can call? When you contacted them what did you tell them? that it was in your pocket and it cracked?

1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to bryce850 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #12  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 418

1,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've sent mine for repair today. Let's see what they say...
28th July 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee

144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemell

Funny thing is I never heard from them phone just showed up 3 weeks later lol. Crazy thought I would get an email or something.

Sent from my Nexus 4
28th July 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #14  
Flag Gothenburg

1,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce850

Funny thing is I never heard from them phone just showed up 3 weeks later lol. Crazy thought I would get an email or something.

Sent from my Nexus 4

They've told me that either they fix it or they call me. So I'm hoping for the same that happened to you - no call. ☺
28th July 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #15  
Flag corpus christi
Thanks Meter: 44

392 posts
More
Quote:

1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote:

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.
28th July 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #16  
Flag Gothenburg

1,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.

Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service
The Following User Says Thank You to pemell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #17  
Flag corpus christi

392 posts
More
Quote:

Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service

Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.
28th July 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #18  
Flag Gothenburg

1,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.

Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to pemell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee

144 posts
Quote:

No they told me to not send it with anything I may want back lol.. So only send the phone even take out the sim adapter.
Also I never rooted mine so it was stock they sent it back to me completely wiped and clean 4.4 installed.
Sent from my C6806
28th July 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #20  
Flag corpus christi

392 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed

You too!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread