Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broke screen"fixed now"

Tip us?

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctahjeph View Post
Do you have the number you used to call Sony? I am in a similar situation. Phone was in my pocket and cracked. Is there a repair center I can call? When you contacted them what did you tell them? that it was in your pocket and it cracked?
1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to bryce850 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pemell
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
I've sent mine for repair today. Let's see what they say...

Team SlimRoms

Follow me:

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemell View Post
Funny thing is I never heard from them phone just showed up 3 weeks later lol. Crazy thought I would get an email or something.

Sent from my Nexus 4

pemell
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce850 View Post
Funny thing is I never heard from them phone just showed up 3 weeks later lol. Crazy thought I would get an email or something.

Sent from my Nexus 4
They've told me that either they fix it or they call me. So I'm hoping for the same that happened to you - no call. ☺

Team SlimRoms

Follow me:

doctahjeph
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
1-866-766-9374 is the number I used and yea I told them what happen and the gave me a RMA and said they would see what they say once the repair team has it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 4
Quote:

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.
T-Mobile Sidekick II | T-Mobile MDA | T-Mobile Dash | G1 | Blackberry Curve | iPhone 3G | Captivate | Inspire 4G | Infuse 4G | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 4 | Xperia Z Ultra

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Nook Color | Nook Tablet | iPad2 | Nexus 7

pemell
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thanks!! Also was your device unlocked and rooted when you sent it? I know Sony is cool with us unlocking the bootloader and all, but I am wondering if I should try and put back to stock before I ship back.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Also did you guys ship back in the original box or just a nice secured package? I have the original box, but worried if I ship it off I won't get the original back.
Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service

Team SlimRoms

Follow me:

doctahjeph
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Nope, I left it at the retailer where I bought it. They've sent it to their repair service
Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.
T-Mobile Sidekick II | T-Mobile MDA | T-Mobile Dash | G1 | Blackberry Curve | iPhone 3G | Captivate | Inspire 4G | Infuse 4G | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 4 | Xperia Z Ultra

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

pemell
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay thanks. I think I am going to just pack it in a small box with a lot of bubble wrap. I don't want to risk losing my original box. Just wondering as well how they will ship it back. lol. I went through this process with ASUS with my Nexus 7 once. Seems like it might be the same way. Ship the phone off, told will get contacted, hear nothing for 4 weeks or so, have phone shipped back completely fixed with no charge.
Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed

Team SlimRoms

Follow me:

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
No they told me to not send it with anything I may want back lol.. So only send the phone even take out the sim adapter.
Also I never rooted mine so it was stock they sent it back to me completely wiped and clean 4.4 installed.
Sent from my C6806

doctahjeph
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Yeah, you certainly don't need to send it in the original box. ☺

Good luck mate, hope you get yours fixed
You too!