Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop?

Tip us?

cirenj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Bootloop?

My Nexus 10 has been acting up recently...the battery seemed to be draining A LOT quicker then it normally would.....the tablet would just shutdown in the middle of doing something. Fast forward a week or two, now when I turn it on it vibrates for a second, shows the "GOOGLE" logo and starts the boot animation for 4.4, vibrates and repeats the same. I manually formatted and flashed 4.4 (fastboot flash boot ...etc...) and still am getting the same issues...Any suggestions on what to try next?

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Flash the newest factory image automatically via fastboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

cirenj
Old
(Last edited by cirenj; 1st July 2014 at 06:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just did that to no avail....same issue as before...Anything else to try?

It almost seems like it is not charging but I would assume I could still get it to boot up while connected to the charger....correct?

cirenj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Update....I flashed CWM and sideloaded gapps and a ROM...and tried that...still the result..."GOOGLE" logo comes up and then a vibration...then it goes back to "charging" (the white battery with the lightning bolt through it)

cirenj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Nobody has anything? Damn...lol

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenj View Post
Sounds like it may be a hardware issue, since flashing the factory image didn't even help. I would say trying flashing the factory image using the flash-all method, and wiping data/factory reset right after. Couldn't hurt.

texascwby1836
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

You said you installed cwm -- I assume you mean the recovery rom... If I'm wrong ignore the rest.

I too have had this issue and it was not hardware. To fix this I booted into cwm (the recovery rom I use on my N10) and reinstalled a stock factory boot rom. Just for those that don't know to boot into the recovery rom, power off the tablet, then press and hold the power, volume up AND volume down simultaneously --- finally, use the volume button to scroll to the recovery menu.

uDude

cirenj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by texascwby1836 View Post
You said you installed cwm -- I assume you mean the recovery rom... If I'm wrong ignore the rest.

I too have had this issue and it was not hardware. To fix this I booted into cwm (the recovery rom I use on my N10) and reinstalled a stock factory boot rom. Just for those that don't know to boot into the recovery rom, power off the tablet, then press and hold the power, volume up AND volume down simultaneously --- finally, use the volume button to scroll to the recovery menu.

uDude
I have tried that as well...I am thinking it is a hardware issue as previously stated....amazing...spend $500 for a piece of hardware only to have it die a little over 12 months later....talk about pissed off....

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have tried that as well...I am thinking it is a hardware issue as previously stated....amazing...spend $500 for a piece of hardware only to have it die a little over 12 months later....talk about pissed off....
No shoot me a PM ..

Lets see if we can get you up and running again ..

If we do we can post what we did back here from all XDA users ..

Thx Josh

The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]