Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MOD>Manually Boost Volume for Speaker, Headset and Handset<MOD

Tip us?

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1803
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
@sshafranko do you know anything about the mic volume levels? I have increased mine as people seem to say i'm too quite (i talk softly on the phone) but i'm not sure if they are actually working or which ones actuall effect the in call volume as well as speakerphone mic volume. I notice there are two volume levels for some of the mics, an ADC2 and a DEC# volume. what is what there? Thanks!
Ill look at it tonight and get back to you. So basically you would like to increase the mic level while on a call using the normal headset right?

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4252

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko View Post
Ill look at it tonight and get back to you. So basically you would like to increase the mic level while on a call using the normal headset right?
Yes, while in a call, i want the standard mic level to be higher but only for the the device's mic. Not a bluetooth headset mic or wired headset mic. Thanks a bunch! I have made some edits that i feel are correct but don't really have a standard way of testing it.

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1803
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Yes, while in a call, i want the standard mic level to be higher but only for the the device's mic. Not a bluetooth headset mic or wired headset mic. Thanks a bunch! I have made some edits that i feel are correct but don't really have a standard way of testing it.
Gotcha. Why dont you call another phone in your house, put it on speakerphone, and speak into your phone while listening or have someone else speak into your cell while you listen to the other phone before and after your edits?

I know its a pain and not really a tecnical and sure way of measuring your results, but it will work. Thats the way I was hoing to test it for now. Either way ill look at it later tonight.[emoji6]

troyd28
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko View Post
Guys it seems like it varies a bit phone to phone. On my wifes phone I am able to go to 90 buy it distorts at full volume. So I backed it down to 89 and it is perfect for her. I tested it on 91 on her phone and it actually broke the volume. She lost the volume completely on speakerphone. So im pretty sure that on every phone therre will be a setting that is too high and brakes volume. I would stick to 90 as being the highest than work your way down until no distortion. If 90 is not loud enough than give it a shot on 91 or even 92. It may work for you but like I said 90 was max for my wifes S5. GL
Where can I edit the Bluetooth values I can't find it in the play scenerio.