No registration required

Camera purple/blue/red tint problem

OP stealth09

27th July 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #11  
Flag NW Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?
27th July 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 32

157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgyeti

So I did some Googling in order to get an answer as to whether I can send my phone in for this fix without getting it back unrooted/S-On.

From what I've read it seems to be hit or miss.

Anyone reading this sent one in that was S-Off, only to have it come back stock/S-On?

If you send it S-OFF, technically you are breaking the warranty. And that would REALLY suck for you, cause you would be without a phone for about 2 weeks and it would come back in the same condition, AND you wouldn't be able to fix it anymore afterwards. So you kinda gave birth to 3 birds with one womb.

I S-ON'ed mine when I sent it in, and luckily since this was within a week or 2 of 4.4.2 coming out, they only flashed 4.2.2 (I think. This was like 8 months ago. Whichever version is currently rootable). I would suspect that now, your phone would come with 4.4.2 + Sense 6.0, which is not rootable.
29th July 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #13  
Flag NW Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
I'm considering flashing a stock rom, then doing a faux h-boot that indicates s-on and removes the unlock/development red text from the startup image.

I just worry that they might have a flash stock rom/recovery step that they do regardless of what is on the phones that get which would lock me up with an unrooted phone once I got it back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread