Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4_r2][OFFICIAL][GPL] LiquidSmooth v3.2 - vigor - 7|23|14

Tip us?

bunchies
Old
(Last edited by bunchies; 27th July 2014 at 06:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 559

DONATE TO ME
Crap, I don't think that fixed it. I know the issue now

Ill have a build out that will fix for any display issues soon

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

\(^-^)/ ... * ROOTED * ... \(^-^)/
- No apps up yet, Soon to come
The Following User Says Thank You to bunchies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bunchies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 559

DONATE TO ME
Well I have a successful build but the camera does not work at all, Rom source has some changes that seem to be causing the issue

This may take me a little while to adapt to the new stuff

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

md303
Old
(Last edited by md303; 27th July 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
[QUOTE=md303;54414441]Understood - although the first LiquidSmooth 3.1 I I installed (the last June build) this option was enabled by default, which is why I wasn't aware of the config option in Settings -> Storage.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Well, after running LiquidSmooth 3.2 (July 14 build) all week while on a business trip, I had to flash back to my rock-solid CM10 build. I can't live without navigation, since I travel for work constantly, and Maps crashed about 15 times between Atlanta airport and Sandy Springs. That whole week it was crashy, would overheat the phone and lock it up, cause soft reboots and hard reboots. Other than that, I love the ROM but without Maps being 100% reliable I cannot use the ROM as a daily driver.

Bunchies, you are doing amazing work on this phone and I greatly appreciate it! I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing these issues, but after 3 builds, countless wipes and clean flashes, I just can't get Maps to stay running long enough to get me from point A to B.

For now, I think I'll buy an LG G3 and just leave it in the box until the Dev community gets up to speed on this awesome device, and keep using my trusty Rezound on CM10. I know you have a G3, Bunchies, so I look forward to a LiquidSmooth build!

7/23 build: GPS major GPS problems. Only Maps can access GPS, and only once per launch. As soon as you get a lock, navigation says "GPS Signal Lost" and won't update location until you kill Maps and relaunch, then the same thing happens. 7 other apps on my phone use GPS and none of them will even trigger the Location icon in status bar.

AtomicFizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by md303 View Post
Tried toggling network settings more last night, trying to get LTE back. I lost the Verizon network altogether. I have signal, I can receive text messages from Verizon, but can't use the network at all. *#*#INFO#*#* shows that I no longer have a phone number. Verizon support says my SIM card is FUBAR, I gotta wait for a store to open and go get a new one.

Let this be a caution to everyone - you CAN break your SIM by messing with mobile network settings in Android OS!

UPDATE: New SIM did NOT fix the problem. Somehow, by messing with *#*#INFO#*#* and Settings -> Mobile Networks, I have totally blocked my phone from the network! Guess I will try re-locking the bootloader, downgrading via RUU, and then start over modding this phone from scratch
Could be just a coincidence. I have messed with pretty much every rom and all kinds of weird settings over the years and never managed to do anything like that. Could be just your particular device decided it had enough. [emoji53] Can't hurt to try the relock and return to stock thing though. I just did it myself before flashing this ROM.

beezer94
Old
Thanks Meter 16
[QUOTE=md303;54431760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by md303 View Post
Understood - although the first LiquidSmooth 3.1 I I installed (the last June build) this option was enabled by default, which is why I wasn't aware of the config option in Settings -> Storage.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Well, after running LiquidSmooth 3.2 (July 14 build) all week while on a business trip, I had to flash back to my rock-solid CM10 build. I can't live without navigation, since I travel for work constantly, and Maps crashed about 15 times between Atlanta airport and Sandy Springs. That whole week it was crashy, would overheat the phone and lock it up, cause soft reboots and hard reboots. Other than that, I love the ROM but without Maps being 100% reliable I cannot use the ROM as a daily driver.

Bunchies, you are doing amazing work on this phone and I greatly appreciate it! I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing these issues, but after 3 builds, countless wipes and clean flashes, I just can't get Maps to stay running long enough to get me from point A to B.

For now, I think I'll buy an LG G3 and just leave it in the box until the Dev community gets up to speed on this awesome device, and keep using my trusty Rezound on CM10. I know you have a G3, Bunchies, so I look forward to a LiquidSmooth build!

7/23 build: GPS major GPS problems. Only Maps can access GPS, and only once per launch. As soon as you get a lock, navigation says "GPS Signal Lost" and won't update location until you kill Maps and relaunch, then the same thing happens. 7 other apps on my phone use GPS and none of them will even trigger the Location icon in status bar.
Under 'Settings' - 'Accounts' - 'Google' - 'Location' - 'Google Location Reporting' - 'Location Reporting' Turn On
Under 'Settings' - 'Accounts' - 'Google' - 'Location' - change 'Mode' to 'High Accuracy' as some apps require it

Quadman
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Thx for bringing Liquid over to the Rez. I really enjoyed it but have moved on to the Lg g3. Bunchies hopefully see you there soon
VW LG G3 ROOTED

RETIRED HTC VW REZOUND
LIQUID SMOOTH KK 4.4.4 v3.1
RECOVERY TWRP 2.6.3.0 HBOOT 2.27
RADIOS 2.22.10.0801r 2.22.10.0803r
S-OFF UNLOCKED

bunchies
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadman View Post
Thx for bringing Liquid over to the Rez. I really enjoyed it but have moved on to the Lg g3. Bunchies hopefully see you there soon
Posting a camera mod as we speak 'post'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunchies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

md303
Old
(Last edited by md303; 29th July 2014 at 04:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFizzle View Post
Could be just a coincidence. I have messed with pretty much every rom and all kinds of weird settings over the years and never managed to do anything like that. Could be just your particular device decided it had enough. [emoji53] Can't hurt to try the relock and return to stock thing though. I just did it myself before flashing this ROM.
It actually worked. After the second RUU my service spontaneously started working perfectly again. I stopped at that point and skipped the rest of the RUUs, went back to latest radio, TWRP and my week-old CM10 nandroid. All is well with the world again on CM10

I am fairly convinced that when changing settings in Phone Info and Mobile Networks there is interaction with the radio NVRAM, and bits can get flipped into unstable states. I'm sure it's been noticed or mentioned before that in LiquidSmooth for Rezound, the list of modes in Preferred Network Mode is messed up - the text on the screen does not relate exactly the settings behind the scenes - in other words if I tap ListItem1, the setting is changed to ListItem5 (just a general example). I was trying all these options initially when LTE just stopped working. No coincidence methinks!