[11/02][DEV][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung Express (GT-I8730)

Search This thread

semanty

Aug 29, 2010
I even put the time to manual, and don't got any issues.
I don't think it have to do with your rom.

i don't know, but it is OK for storck ROM.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

very strange then

I have used oddin to flash the stock, root, flash the CWM and flash the latest CM11 for 3 times. Only the first time is good with time advanced just 2 mintutes and manual reset is good.

But subsequent repeated oddin flash failed with the same date/time issue.

bazzan

Dec 12, 2010
Sydney
Installed 7.28 about 5 hours ago and removed clocksync. All good so far.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app

semanty

Aug 29, 2010
i oddin flashed again, and flashed 2 baseband, interesting things happen: it advance or delay 10 minutes randomly. Surely, i am not certain this issue will hold the same all the time

aureljared

May 2, 2013
dantis.me
Redmi Note 11
i with my I8730T with firmware I8730TDUAMD1, so far no any big problem, all is good and battery drain is also in good condition
Can you take a backup of your baseband so we can test it on other phones?

Code:
adb shell su && dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/NON-HLOS.bin
adb pull /sdcard/NON-HLOS.bin
u have no audio call sound issue?
I chose to stay with 06/25. :D

semanty

Aug 29, 2010
Can you take a backup of your baseband so we can test it on other phones?

Code:
adb shell su && dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/NON-HLOS.bin
adb pull /sdcard/NON-HLOS.bin

I chose to stay with 06/25. :D

i just decompressed the baseband from the stock rom(using the WINRAR to open tar and get the non-holos, and then oddin flash it under CP in oddin 3.09), xwamk1, zhane1, zhamd2, three of them, all failed. i do not think it is the basband issue.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

by the way, i have to say that the screen shaking is very bad once a while, but no rarely any more. and the automatic screen brightness sometimes bring weird color(a little limegreen) in automatically adjusting the brightness. Not very stable.

But the battery seems very good.

Last edited:

Svennen

Jan 27, 2012
i with my I8730T with firmware I8730TDUAMD1, so far no any big problem, all is good and battery drain is also in good condition
Code:
 Model: GT-I8730T

Model name: GALAXY Express

Version: Android 4.1.2

Changelist: 1127423

Build date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:22:41 +0000

Product Code: VAU

PDA: I8730TDUAMD2

CSC: I8730TVAUAMD2

MODEM: I8730TDUAMD1 

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=15227

Baseband:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrqpe9x9e67xp39/I8730TDUAMK1.tar

Crizzl

Dec 2, 2012
i did a dirty flash of the 7/28 update but still had tiime issues plus new random reboot.
did a clean flash 2 hours ago and seems to be okay :) good work!

Reactions: semanty

semanty

Aug 29, 2010
is the data/time issue related to the wipe? after i click wipe data/factory reset, it shows an error "unkown volume for path [/sd-ext]" which i always ignored

Last edited:

bazzan

Dec 12, 2010
Sydney
Latest @szezso cm rom is great. Had the clock problem from the first cm rom. Latest rom fixed it - been good for day and a half. Also battery life is greatly improved. If anyone is still keeping tabs my baseband is I8730XWAMC2.
Bazzan

Sent from my A500 using XDA Free mobile app

semanty

Aug 29, 2010
hi, anyone who is using the latest CM ROM since 07.28, do you still have the date/time issue? is it stable on that? Thanks!

Reactions: selli1129

ari173

Sep 11, 2013
Battery drain is much better now.
Auto brightness is back ok now.
I think sound is better than before.
Time issue is not 100% solved for me; time drift about 1-3 seconds per hour to future or past. no random time jumping until now. today i see that the phone correct the time after cellular network is available >>again<<. baseband xxamh1.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app. Build 28.07.2014

Reactions: semanty

Antonio GT-I8730T

Jun 25, 2014
Karlovac
Hi guys :D i am on 25/6 build and any issue i have is battery drain everything else is working perfect, on other builds i have time issue on this even when i reboot time is correct. Good job szezso :D:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is for the International GT-I8730 ONLY! It is NOT for the SGH-I437! Just because Samsung named them both "Express" does not mean they have identical internal hardware!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Screenshots

20kyexj.jpg

4qg7t0.png

Downloads

ClockworkMod Recovery (needed to flash KK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/nlcq4tlcedjxj34/recovery.img

Latest build (11.02): http://www.mediafire.com/download/czk14wiwuyeixoq/cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Bugs
    - NFC

Installation

- First time flashing CM11.0 to your Galaxy Express (or coming from another ROM)?
    Root your device.
    Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
    Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    Do a Nandroid backup!
    Flash the I8730XWAMK1 baseband via odin (Guide, thanks to @Svennen)
    WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    Optionally install the Google Apps

Changelog
    Full changelog can be found on Github, just check the sources! :)

- 10/26
    - CM sync
    - TimeService-related fixes
    - Modded gps.conf
    - Now you don't need a seperate app for mounting USB sticks :)

- Older releases:

- 10/26
    - CM sync
    - Several RIL tweaks
    - Completely fixed USB OTG
    - Some cleanup

- 09/21
    - CM sync (M10 source merged)
    - Fixed USB OTG (for someone, at least)
    - Kernel synced with CAF

- 09/15
    - CM sync
    - Set enabled buffers to 3 (better performance hopefully)
    - Kernel synced with CAF
    - Allowed more background services
    - Updated some RIL code

]- 09/10
    - CM sync
    - Updated RIL blobs from the S4 Mini's Kitkat update
    - Fixed GPS (using the new GPS HAL, it seems to be faster)

- 08/30
    - CM sync
    - Updated every vendor library from the S4 Mini's and the Express 2's official Kitkat update
    - Reworked GPS HAL (arco)

- 08/27
    - CM sync
    - Enabled mount/unmount option for external SD
    - Enabled proximity wake option
    - Updated CWM Recovery (6.0.5.0)

- 08/13
    - CM sync
    - Fixed 4G disappeared issue

- 08/08
    - CM sync
    - Fixed time issue completely
    - Initial support for PN547 NFC (almost works, ALMOST)

- 07/28
    - CM sync
    - Fixed huge battery drain caused by msm_otg wakelock
    - Fixed automatic brightness
    - Fixed time issue completely (needs to be confirmed by users)

- 07/16
    - CM sync
    - Android 4.4.4_r2 (KTU84Q)
    - Fixed bad sound in phone calls

- 07/15
    - CM sync
    - Now using custom PowerHAL
    - Updated snd_soc_msm_Sitar to fix separated FM
    - Disabled RETIRE_FENCE

- 06/25
    - CM sync
    - Fixed FM Radio
    - Fixed Mobile data

- 06/23
    - Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

If you're having issues like these:
    -Phone reboots randomly.
    -Phone blacks out, and you have to force shut down/remove and put the battery back in for it to turn on again. (This problem doesn't happen when it's plugged in though)
    -No Audio AT ALL.
    -No calling works, phone also sticks/freezes when you try to make or accept a call, there is a blank screen. When the call does go though, neither you or the other person can hear.
    -No video plays either, test with youtube if you're unsure about this one.
    -Several apps/features that attempt to play audio crashed and freezes.

Try this (thanks to @toxious651):

1. Factory reset current rom and clean cache.
    2. Download and install this entire firmware using ODIN (make sure you use this specific firmware):
    http://samsung-updates.com/details/16541/Galaxy_Express/GT-I8730/KPN/I8730XWAMK1.html
    Note: I recommend you use the terafile.co link, to download, scroll to the bottom under "Free" and click a link that says "Regular", close the popup, enter the captcha when the countdown is done and click "Create Download Link".
    3. Check if audio, calling, and playing videos work after installing that firmware. If they do, then continue to do the remaining steps.
    4. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR FLASH THE BASEBAND IN THE OP. The firmware I gave in step 2 covers that.This is important, do not use that baseband as it is probably the source of your problem.
    4. Root the phone
    5. Install clockworkmod recovery
    6. Factory reset and clean cache
    7. Install CM11 Zip

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    FAQ
    Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    How to install baseband only by Odin:

Don't quote this message, because I'm updating frequently.

No more need to flash the whole stock rom.
    I extraced the modem file and you can flash it with odin.

Link to Odin.

I8730XWAMK1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/19cg7udibhgnqvy/I8730XWAMK1.rar

-start Odin.
    -Select CP-button and fetch the baseband.tar
    -Only thing checked should be "Auto Reboot"
    -Put phone in download mode
    -Plug in USB
    -hit Start
    Let it reboot and check if u have signal.
    UPDATE! :highfive:
    I'll be at home tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll make a build with 4.1 props. That must fix the time issues. :)

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app