Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED][2014][How-to]Everything you need to know and do to your Captivate Glide

Tip us?
 
stormdude124
Old
#91  
stormdude124's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 240
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dyersburg,TN

 
DONATE TO ME
the latest google search that works is Google Search 3.3.11.1069658
you need to uninstall the google search you have and then install this one DON'T UPDATE after this version or it won't work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stormdude124 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Andralin
Old
#92  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdude124 View Post
the latest google search that works is Google Search 3.3.11.1069658
you need to uninstall the google search you have and then install this one DON'T UPDATE after this version or it won't work
Wow! Many thanks, this really works! I've spent a lot of time with different firmwares to make it work but always used the latest version of Google Search downloaded form the Play Store.

Let me ask you one more thing, now with this working version of Google Search the Google Now Launcher won't work anymore, it wants me to update the Google Search from Play Store. Could you please share also the proper older version of Google Now Launcher which is compatible with this working Google Search?
 
xdajog
Old
#93  
xdajog's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 78
Join Date: Nov 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargin bastage View Post
I'd say there isn't. It takes a registration and PIN process to try to activate the software.

I was playing around in TWRP file manager. I don't know where that looks but I think it's somewhere I can't normally get to. There's a "root" folder there. I think what I need is a way to delete at least that folder, and maybe anything else that would have been written to that same area when the phone was rooted. GFE might be seeing unused files/folders involved with root.
You mentioned that you had tried the xposed module roat cloak but have you tried Xprivacy, too?
--> http://repo.xposed.info/module/biz.bokhorst.xprivacy

Well not finished yet but you could try those both apps, too (no root perm required):
The concept behind those both(how they work and why they do not require root):
Both will detect the permissions and give you the ability to disable them. Behind the scenes a new APK file will be created on-the-fly WITHOUT those permissions you disabled. Then you will be prompted to re-install that reduced APK file. Totally easy and complete without beeing root.

You may have also have seen this GFE related thread here ? Very interesting so far (but haven't read it fully yet):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040163

Especially you will be interested in this here - a special xposed module for GFE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=679

Let me know which way you will try and the result(s), of course

Regards
xdajog
I really love keyboard smartphones ...
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:
Samsung Captivate Glide / SGH-I927 (rollin on sediROM v1.0)
LG Optimus F3Q (rollin on Stock JB, rooted)

Retired:
 

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator
 
stormdude124
Old
#94  
stormdude124's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 240
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dyersburg,TN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andralin View Post
Wow! Many thanks, this really works! I've spent a lot of time with different firmwares to make it work but always used the latest version of Google Search downloaded form the Play Store.

Let me ask you one more thing, now with this working version of Google Search the Google Now Launcher won't work anymore, it wants me to update the Google Search from Play Store. Could you please share also the proper older version of Google Now Launcher which is compatible with this working Google Search?
That's strange I use the latest version of google now launcher and this version of google search and it works fine...
Try this version Of GNL and see if it works for you >>>Google Home.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to stormdude124 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Andralin
Old
#95  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdude124 View Post
That's strange I use the latest version of google now launcher and this version of google search and it works fine...
Try this version Of GNL and see if it works for you >>>
Great, I installed also the provided version of GNL and it works nicely together with the "OK Google" hotword and the voice search.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to Andralin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stormdude124
Old
#96  
stormdude124's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 240
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dyersburg,TN

 
DONATE TO ME
Your welcome \(^0^)/
The Following User Says Thank You to stormdude124 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes