Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3+] TimePIN - Changes your pin dynamically based on the current time

Tip us?

DL2000820
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm locked out of my phone. I turned it on this morning but it was so laggy, I couldn't even type my pin. So I restarted my phone but now I try to put in my default pin and it doesn't work.Neither does the mirrored time I set it for. Is there a way to fix this without a factory reset
I'm running on S4 Active Rooted 4.4.2 Android Kitkat

Harsha Raj
Old
(Last edited by Harsha Raj; 26th July 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL2000820 View Post
I'm locked out of my phone. I turned it on this morning but it was so laggy, I couldn't even type my pin. So I restarted my phone but now I try to put in my default pin and it doesn't work.Neither does the mirrored time I set it for. Is there a way to fix this without a factory reset
I'm running on S4 Active Rooted 4.4.2 Android Kitkat
Check this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50803933

However, in my case it was data/system/password.key file.

I at that time didn't know that TimePIN was the culprit. I was locked out twice. First being when the phone was dropped.

ROM: SlimSaber - Android 4.4.4 Kernel: Stock

History: Nokia 3100 > Nokia 6230i > Nokia 6111 > Nokia 3100 Classic > Nokia 5700 > Nokia 5230 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

Secondary Device: Motorola Moto G Dual SIM - ROM: Stock Kernel: Stock

DL2000820
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj View Post
Check this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50803933

However, in my case it was data/system/password.key file.

I at that time didn't know that TimePIN was the culprit. I was locked out twice. First being when the phone was dropped.
I'm sorry to be a bother but I am still fairly new to this kind of stuff. How would I use adb to remove the files?

Harsha Raj
Old
Thanks Meter 1209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL2000820 View Post
I'm sorry to be a bother but I am still fairly new to this kind of stuff. How would I use adb to remove the files?
I myself not familiar much with adb.. You will need a PC and then mostly USB debugging mode already enabled and also allow SU over adb.. Since you can't unlock the phone, I suggest aroma file manager or inbuilt file manager in TWRP

My ROM already had TWRP so I used the same. If you are using TWRP, make sure you mount system, data in TWRP mount menu before accessing the file manager..

Also there are 8 other methods which is mentioned in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620456

ROM: SlimSaber - Android 4.4.4 Kernel: Stock

History: Nokia 3100 > Nokia 6230i > Nokia 6111 > Nokia 3100 Classic > Nokia 5700 > Nokia 5230 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

Secondary Device: Motorola Moto G Dual SIM - ROM: Stock Kernel: Stock

DL2000820
Old
(Last edited by DL2000820; 26th July 2014 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj View Post
I myself not familiar much with adb.. You will need a PC and then mostly USB debugging mode already enabled and also allow SU over adb.. Since you can't unlock the phone, I suggest aroma file manager or inbuilt file manager in TWRP

My ROM already had TWRP so I used the same. If you are using TWRP, make sure you mount system, data in TWRP mount menu before accessing the file manager..

Also there are 8 other methods which is mentioned in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620456
I do not have any custom recovery. Does Aroma require custom recovery?

Edit: I can almost do Methods 4,5 &6 on the link you gave me.
method 4 : keeps saying sqlite3 not found
method 5 : when i try to remove the files it says permission not granted even though I'm typing "su" after "adb shell"
method 6 : says device is offline when I try to pull the files

markassbuster
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I want the Tasker plug-in but I guess because it's been pulled from the store I cannot IAP. WAT DO?