Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 Active

Tip us?

johns86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
This xposed?
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer

Sent from here

cjacks519
Old
(Last edited by cjacks519; 21st July 2014 at 05:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Is there not an official sub-forum/thread anywhere for this phone? I don't have the phone yet but have been searching to find some sort of development to decide if I should buy one. I really like this phone but no development is a deal breaker for me. I know this phone isn't at the top of the popularity list and that's probably why. My interest peaked when towel root made its debut and I've been itching to buy one ever since.

Can anyone else confirm that most/all at&t s5 goodies also work for the s5 active?
LG G2

johns86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
Is there not an official sub-forum/thread anywhere for this phone? I don't have the phone yet but have been searching to find some sort of development to decide if I should buy one. I really like this phone but no development is a deal breaker for me. I know this phone isn't at the top of the popularity list and that's probably why. My interest peaked when towel root made its debut and I've been itching to buy one ever since.

Can anyone else confirm that most/all at&t s5 goodies also work for the s5 active?
What kind of goodies?
The heart rate monitor, yes.
The finger scan unlock, no. It was part of the water proofing

Sent from here

cjacks519
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer8 View Post
Hello!!

I have the s5 active, our bootloaders are locked just like the S5 ATT/VZW. You can install safestrap and flash any ROM that will work on the ATT S5 only. Xposed framework works, safestrap works, black theme works " need a few files from the international variant for black dialer/incallui to work right. I left mine stock, rooted via towel root, de bloated all the junk, black themed and Xposed framework tweaks. I just find stuff in the S5 threads and if I like I try lol..
These kind of goodies... Just wanted to hear other people's experiences with safestrap...s5 ROMs...etc
LG G2

johns86
Old
(Last edited by johns86; 21st July 2014 at 02:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
No such thing as s5 active roms supposedly. I haven't been keeping up with the forums for these anymore since this one is about it.
It's good enough of a phone without a rom. Battery life is good, runs great, I just want to debloat this thing of ATT/Samsung crap.

What every happened to the idea of android being open source?

Sent from here

johns86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Oh and download booster would be the tits!

Sent from here

thepktrckt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
A lot of questions being thrown around here.

There is no sub forum for the S5 Active, the request has been submitted but not approved.

You can flash ROMs after you root the phone by following this thread; S5 regular roms will work, just not the active button.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2794087

There is at least one specific S5 Active ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...01-07-t2809957

Download Booster detail is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785410
The Following User Says Thank You to thepktrckt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6rey6oose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns86 View Post
You lost me at, install android...

Sent from here
Android L, or whatever google choose to name any new update, Samsung and at&t take forever to update its phones and they are loaded with stuff I don't want or need. I want google edition on my phone.. Will that ever happen? Touchwiz is OK everyone has there own opinion but I only bought this very expensive device to put alternate Roms on it. Please let me know.. if I can't install slim ROM, google edition, or cm at any point in this devices life I will be returning it.

lordmorphous
Old
Thanks Meter 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6rey6oose View Post
Android L, or whatever google choose to name any new update, Samsung and at&t take forever to update its phones and they are loaded with stuff I don't want or need. I want google edition on my phone.. Will that ever happen? Touchwiz is OK everyone has there own opinion but I only bought this very expensive device to put alternate Roms on it. Please let me know.. if I can't install slim ROM, google edition, or cm at any point in this devices life I will be returning it.
You better return it then. Our phones have a locked bootloader. Locked bootloader means no kernel which means no alternative roms that don't use the stock touchwiz kernel.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII on AT&T having lost my IMEI only once....so far...

johns86
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorphous View Post
You better return it then. Our phones have a locked bootloader. Locked bootloader means no kernel which means no alternative roms that don't use the stock touchwiz kernel.
I think it'll be possible one day

Sent from here

Tags
active, dev, galaxy s 5 active, rom