Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/Recovery][Wifi+3G+TMobile][4.4.4/2.7.1.0][July 26]Omni Based Rom and TWRP

Tip us?

AAccount
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon67 View Post
I guess the setup wizard issue can be fixed by disabling it in the build properties.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app
I haven't seen the setup wizard since November when I wast getting KitKat stable with kasper_h. If you could post the build.prop edit you made I'll disable it by default on all future builds.
Sony Tablet Z:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S3 I9300: Omni4.4.4; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: Omni4.4.4; MY A1 Kernel V1.9; TWRP 2.7.1.0
Galaxy S I9000M:(given to mom) Omni 4.4.4; TWRP 2.7.1.0

"It's the assumptions that kill you." --Me
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends." --Me

pawnboy
Old
(Last edited by pawnboy; 28th July 2014 at 03:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
signal lost everytime after reboot, just shows up for 5 second and then it's gone. no service. what's wrong? @AAccount
Pawnboy™ Smartphone Alliance

Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 | Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 | Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 | Samsung Galaxy Core I8262 | Samsung Galaxy Star Pro | Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Samsung Galaxy Young S5360 | HTC Explorer A310e

Blackberry Bold 9900 | Blackberry Curve 9220 | Blackberry Curve 8520

AAccount
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnboy View Post
signal lost everytime after reboot, just shows up for 5 second and then it's gone. no service. what's wrong? @AAccount
I'm not sure. Again I have to "ask the audience" about what the general consensus is. Mine is wifi only so I have no way to debug cellular data issues. I've always tethered the data from my smartphone since switching to CM7.2 on the S1. Bypasses tethering fees all the time 🙌

Lucas Kado
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount View Post
I'm not sure. Again I have to "ask the audience" about what the general consensus is. Mine is wifi only so I have no way to debug cellular data issues. I've always tethered the data from my smartphone since switching to CM7.2 on the S1. Bypasses tethering fees all the time 🙌
I've been running 26 July 3G version for a day and no issues so far... I dirty flashed over previous version, just wiped cache (and dalvik). 3G connection works just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas Kado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

falcon67
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Here you go setupwizard property:
ro.setupwizard.mode

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to falcon67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddychecker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
AAccount, Excellent job! I installed the 7/26 version fresh and it works very well. Thanks for all of your hard work.

AAccount
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1297

DONATE TO ME
Just a question of interest to all you 3G users and TMobile. Does the spot on the back of the tablet where the 3G modem is get hot if you use it for a while? Particularly in continuous use like watching youtube, streaming music? My Canadian bell S1 is just like the international version except with 850MHz support. It got quite warm when under continuous use particularly google maps gps. Watching youtube was also a biggie. Other things like browsing XDA are only slightly warming. I thought maybe the 850MHz was poorly written into the modem firmware since it's just for the Canadian market and they didn't care to do a good job.

Then I got my I9300 (specially got the international version on amazon) which has 850MHz for everyone. My S3 also gets quite warm under the same circumstances. Especially GPS use is a bad one although is that just because it's getting baked in the sun? When I use my S3 to watch youtube it will also get pretty hot.

Just wanna get an informal survey. Is this normal for all smartphones or 3G tablets in general or is it just the fact that my S1 and S3 use an Intel XMM modem? I'm not in the market for a new gadget 'cause I can't afford one right now but if the Intel XMM modems are real hot heads, I'll try and avoid those from now on. I'll probably wait for the second round of 64bit SoC assuming the bugs will come out in the first round and fixed by the second.

By hot I mean temperatures above 50C possibly as much as 65C.

darkessdesire
Old
(Last edited by darkessdesire; Yesterday at 05:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Mines get kinda of hot but I don't pay it no mind but in another note is there a way you can make both dalvik cache and the cache bigger I got a crap load of apps and it seems there's always a problem restoring my tab can only restore half my apps back the only way I can fit all is to odex system apps and some user apps

Sent from my SGH-T859 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PHONE: VIBRANT
ROM:STOCK ROOTED
MOD:BLUE CIRCULAR BATTERY MOD BY zimphishmonger
TOPRAM 16G MICRO SD HC CLASS 6
PHONE:G1 retired
SPL: DANGER
RADIO:NEWEST ONE OUT
ROM:cm 6rc1 ds
RECOVERY:RA DREAM 1.7.0

TOPRAM 16G MICRO SD HC CLASS 6 EXT2/512MB/96MB SWAPP/24MB COMPCACHE
I LIVE TO FLASH ANOTHER DAY
The Following User Says Thank You to darkessdesire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AAccount
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkessdesire View Post
Mines get kinda of hot but I don't pay it no mind but in another note is there a way you can make both dalvik cache and the cache bigger I got a crap load of apps and it seems there's always a problem restoring my tab can only restore half my apps back the only way I can fit all is to odex system apps and some user apps

Sent from my SGH-T859 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Remove 98dcache from /system/etc/init.d Currently the cache partition is being setup as dalvik cache by that script on boot to save space on /data. Remove the script and you'll be limited to ~11GB for dalvik cache

Sent from my GT-I9300

The Following User Says Thank You to AAccount For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount View Post
Just a question of interest to all you 3G users and TMobile. Does the spot on the back of the tablet where the 3G modem is get hot if you use it for a while? Particularly in continuous use like watching youtube, streaming music? My Canadian bell S1 is just like the international version except with 850MHz support. It got quite warm when under continuous use particularly google maps gps. Watching youtube was also a biggie. Other things like browsing XDA are only slightly warming. I thought maybe the 850MHz was poorly written into the modem firmware since it's just for the Canadian market and they didn't care to do a good job.

Then I got my I9300 (specially got the international version on amazon) which has 850MHz for everyone. My S3 also gets quite warm under the same circumstances. Especially GPS use is a bad one although is that just because it's getting baked in the sun? When I use my S3 to watch youtube it will also get pretty hot.

Just wanna get an informal survey. Is this normal for all smartphones or 3G tablets in general or is it just the fact that my S1 and S3 use an Intel XMM modem? I'm not in the market for a new gadget 'cause I can't afford one right now but if the Intel XMM modems are real hot heads, I'll try and avoid those from now on. I'll probably wait for the second round of 64bit SoC assuming the bugs will come out in the first round and fixed by the second.

By hot I mean temperatures above 50C possibly as much as 65C.
Mine does get hot at the upper left part when playing games or YouTube or sometimes browsing with a lot of tabs open. But I thought that was normal since the tab is probably locked at 1.4 GHz under heavy usage. I didn't know it was because of the modem lol. I actually turn off the radio using *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer if it makes any difference. I'm not sure of the exact temperatures but I don't think it goes as far as 50°C tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to eushaun99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]