Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TigerDirect has TF701 for $349.99 after rebate

Tip us?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,918

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aenews View Post
Just curious, any chance this device will see CPU/GPU overclock?
Not currently right now - not sure it needs it either....

johnciaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Just ordered mine from Tiger Direct for $299. Will be replacing my aging but somehow still busy (development wise) Acer Iconia A500. Will be happy to lose the weight as the Iconia is a heavy one! Plus I heard the tf701 has a great screen! Hope it's true.

pipopipz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Amazon, when I checked erlier today, is also offering it for 299.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

deerhunter716
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Loving this tablet - had it for 3 days now and it is so fast and smooth!

johnciaccio
Old
(Last edited by johnciaccio; 13th June 2014 at 09:59 PM.) Reason: autocorrect!
Thanks Meter 17
Just got mine today from tiger direct for $299 (plus tax). After the 4.3 update and some settings adjusted the screen looks great and runs great.
Glad I made the jump. Feels thinner but only slightly lighter then my iconia.

Great tab. Great price. Only thing that should have been different is the camera. A good sensor and a flash would have made it outstanding.

Will be sending some 4k videos shot with my note 3 to it to test tonight.

If the camera was able to shoot 4k in this it would be an incredible tablet.

Can't wait to try some games on it tonight!

aenews
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
I dunno since I don't have it yet, but I don't think it can play every game at maxed out settings at at least 30 FPS.* And games are only getting more graphically intense.

Yeah just bought one off Amazon for $223 "Like New". Can't wait to start playing around with this! Your great support for this device is one of the reasons I decided to buy one, thanks!

aenews
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Quote:
I dunno since I don't have it yet, but I don't think it can play every game at maxed out settings at at least 30 FPS.* And games are only getting more graphically intense.

Yeah just bought one off Amazon for $223 "Like New". Can't wait to start playing around with this! Your great support for this device is one of the reasons I decided to buy one, thanks!
Performance, at least at 1600P, seems somewhat lackluster, around the same on-screen as my S3. And the device throttles far too often, further degrading performance. Playing Smash Hit at medium settings still has some lag. Dead Trigger lags even at low quality settings. Riptide GP still lags with scenary and shader quality set to low. Overclocking the CPU may not yeild much benefit, but overclocking the GPU just might, as would custom temperature throttle settings. Anyway, your ROMs are pretty nice though. Currently on Crombi-KK and loving everything but graphics performance.

Rikodu
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Performance, at least at 1600P, seems somewhat lackluster, around the same on-screen as my S3. And the device throttles far too often, further degrading performance. Playing Smash Hit at medium settings still has some lag. Dead Trigger lags even at low quality settings. Riptide GP still lags with scenary and shader quality set to low. Overclocking the CPU may not yeild much benefit, but overclocking the GPU just might, as would custom temperature throttle settings. Anyway, your ROMs are pretty nice though. Currently on Crombi-KK and loving everything but graphics performance.
You have a problem my friend ..... All thèse games work flawlessly without any lags. Stock résolution and stock DPI. Asphalt too.
Samsung Note 3 (N9005)
Stock - Rooted

Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 (T320)
Official CM11 Nightlies

johnciaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 17
All those run great for me. Probably something you are doing being rooted and all..

aenews
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikodu View Post
You have a problem my friend ..... All thèse games work flawlessly without any lags. Stock résolution and stock DPI. Asphalt too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio View Post
All those run great for me. Probably something you are doing being rooted and all..
All right restored a Nandroid of the older Crombi-KK from last month, and now performance is fine on mentioned games with maximum settings across the board. Asphalt 8 still lags like hell on "Very Low", but then again, it seems to do that on most devices when other high graphics games work fine. I think it's just badly optimized. Still would love GPU overclock, but performance degrading is a bigger issue.