Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post your battery life!

Tip us?
 
peRFect!
Old
#91  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
For some reason I can't upload the screen shot in the previous post. I apologise for double posting.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
The way Windows handles apps is different as it doesn't provide true multitasking. It kills background apps, so across platforms it is difficult to compare!
FB messenger is a battery hog, it always prevents the phone from deep sleep. Btw, u used the phone for 1d 14h & still have 63% remaining?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
cr4zy.b0y
Old
(Last edited by cr4zy.b0y; 24th July 2014 at 10:44 AM.)
#92  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 495
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
The way Windows handles apps is different as it doesn't provide true multitasking. It kills background apps, so across platforms it is difficult to compare!
FB messenger is a battery hog, it always prevents the phone from deep sleep. Btw, u used the phone for 1d 14h & still have 63% remaining?
I used ds battery saver which puts your phone to sleep over the night and a bit in the morning - you don't get notifications though so I uninstalled it. Don't worry after I activated wifi my battery dropped to 10% in the next 5 hours with moderate usage :banghead: . I got around 4.5 hours of sot. I guess it could be much better if they will solve the android os drain :sly:

Edit: actually I was using the 8.1 developer preview and it has true multitasking. The bad thing was the 512 ram was not that much for multitasking and sometimes I got the "resuming" dialog. It's a

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
-> Samsung Note 3 Neo
-> Asus TF300T WW - CROMIX POWERED and Nokia Lumia 720 - sold
-> 5 years old baby - MSI EX300X - Core2Duo P7350 , ATI HD3450
-> ASUS G750JX - Core i7, 8 GB RAM, GTX 770m 3GB
Retired: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3100, Sony-Ericsson K750i and C905, HTC Blackstone HD, Samsung i9000
 
peRFect!
Old
#93  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
I used ds battery saver which puts your phone to sleep over the night and a bit in the morning - you don't get notifications though so I uninstalled it. Don't worry after I activated wifi my battery dropped to 10% in the next 5 hours with moderate usage :banghead: . I got around 4.5 hours of sot. I guess it could be much better if they will solve the android os drain :sly:

Edit: actually I was using the 8.1 developer preview and it has true multitasking. The bad thing was the 512 ram was not that much for multitasking and sometimes I got the "resuming" dialog. It's a

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Even though 4.5 hrs is not bad, in fact it's pretty good by Android phone's standards, but everyone else is getting much much better battery life. In my case, even on the bad days when the signal is abysmal, GPS on for 5 hrs I still manage to get 5.5-6 hrs SOT. Maybe others using dual sim varient might be able to help, as in the kinda of battery life they get. Though Idk how sync effects the battery life.

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
peRFect!
Old
#94  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
I used ds battery saver which puts your phone to sleep over the night and a bit in the morning - you don't get notifications though so I uninstalled it. Don't worry after I activated wifi my battery dropped to 10% in the next 5 hours with moderate usage :banghead: . I got around 4.5 hours of sot. I guess it could be much better if they will solve the android os drain :sly:

Edit: actually I was using the 8.1 developer preview and it has true multitasking. The bad thing was the 512 ram was not that much for multitasking and sometimes I got the "resuming" dialog. It's a

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Are u sure about the true multitasking on Win 8.1? Cos AFAIK the Windows mob OS kills background apps after the screen is locked.

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
cr4zy.b0y
Old
#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 495
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
Are u sure about the true multitasking on Win 8.1? Cos AFAIK the Windows mob OS kills background apps after the screen is locked.
Well it's kind of tradeoff. If you let the app in background by pressing home button instead of back it won't be closed. Yes it might suspended but not killed. Also you have the option in settings to let an app run in background. In my opinion WP 8.1 is a big step in the right way. It was surprisingly fast on that low specs - 1 ghz dual core and 512 ram. Initially I wanted to buy the 1520 or note 3 but I didn't have enough money

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
-> Samsung Note 3 Neo
-> Asus TF300T WW - CROMIX POWERED and Nokia Lumia 720 - sold
-> 5 years old baby - MSI EX300X - Core2Duo P7350 , ATI HD3450
-> ASUS G750JX - Core i7, 8 GB RAM, GTX 770m 3GB
Retired: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3100, Sony-Ericsson K750i and C905, HTC Blackstone HD, Samsung i9000
 
peRFect!
Old
#96  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
Well it's kind of tradeoff. If you let the app in background by pressing home button instead of back it won't be closed. Yes it might suspended but not killed. Also you have the option in settings to let an app run in background. In my opinion WP 8.1 is a big step in the right way. It was surprisingly fast on that low specs - 1 ghz dual core and 512 ram. Initially I wanted to buy the 1520 or note 3 but I didn't have enough money

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Initially even I wanted to buy 1520, but a few things drove me towards Neo:
1. Dated UI of windows
2. App limitations
3. Closed source OS
4. S-Pen & S-Amoled screen of Neo
Even size was a factor..
I'm actually happy I didn't buy a windows phone seeing how I'm feeling irritated with my iPad Air, even after jailbreaking I can't download a file when the screen is off !

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
ryansmth76
Old
#97  
ryansmth76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Bought one yesterday and this is the battery backup after first full charge.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406380569301.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (53.9 KB, 45 views)
 
peRFect!
Old
#98  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmth76 View Post
Bought one yesterday and this is the battery backup after first full charge.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
SOT & usage pattern?

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
ryansmth76
Old
#99  
ryansmth76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
SOT & usage pattern?
Sorry i didn't take the screenshot of sot but since it was first day i played alot with it and did alot of internet browsing,downloading,benchmarking tests,downloading apps from playstore and mobile data was enabled or it was connected to wifi all the time

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
 
m80dv
Old
#100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 24
Join Date: Mar 2012
Shots

Enviado desde mi SM-N7505 usando Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes