Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from omarainea: There you have it, OFFICIAL Paranoid Android :P

[ROM][Z1C][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.44 [OTA][07/22]

Tip us?

Rydsmith
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarEinea View Post
What are you talking about? There shouldn't be any OTA now,
Only one official build has been released, meaning no one should get any OTA updates until the next official release!!

Sent From My Black Xperia Z1 Compact
I received a Paranoid OTA update about three days ago that put it from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 that was released 07/22/14.

OmarEinea
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydsmith View Post
I received a Paranoid OTA update about three days ago that put it from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 that was released 07/22/14.
first Official OTA update hasn't arrived yet, so whatever OTA you have installed is weird
anyway whatever it did, official OTA shouldn't have any affects like you mentioned.

to solve it, please download the first official release and do a clean install, then you can safely update through OTA.

fmaskarin
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Does anyone else have similar battery stats? It is unusual for Android OS to drain so much battery. On all my previous phones with (nexus 4, nexus 5, lg g2) screen was top drainer but now on Z1C every paranoid android build I have used for the last three weeks has Android OS as top drainer. Strange...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (10-21AM, Jul 27, 2014).png
Views:	83
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2872116  

OmarEinea
Old
Thanks Meter 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaskarin View Post
Does anyone else have similar battery stats? It is unusual for Android OS to drain so much battery. On all my previous phones with (nexus 4, nexus 5, lg g2) screen was top drainer but now on Z1C every paranoid android build I have used for the last three weeks has Android OS as top drainer. Strange...
As long as you keep the phone awake, as much as Android OS will drain your battery!
so try to manage your running in the background stuff, and try to follow some guides on Google.

As users reported so far, PA has the most powerful battery life among all other AOSP ROMs,
so I guess it is related to how you use your phone, not to the ROM it self
The Following User Says Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fmaskarin
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
As long as you keep the phone awake, as much as Android OS will drain your battery!
so try to manage your running in the background stuff, and try to follow some guides on Google.

As users reported so far, PA has the most powerful battery life among all other AOSP ROMs,
so I guess it is related to how you use your phone, not to the ROM it self
I did google it a lot for the past two weeks. I think it is related to google+.
I use my phones very similar most of the time on the official PA and only on this phone I have this problem... Never mind I will keep trying. Thanks for advice anyway

Loving this ROM

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tb205gti
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
What are you talking about? There shouldn't be any OTA now,
Only one official build has been released, meaning no one should get any OTA updates until the next official release!!

Sent From My Black Xperia Z1 Compact
I also got an OTA notification. By the looks of it, it's the same as linked to from this thread (20140722)

OmarEinea
Old
Thanks Meter 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb205gti View Post
I also got an OTA notification. By the looks of it, it's the same as linked to from this thread (20140722)
what version were you at? the previous unofficial release?

tb205gti
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
what version were you at? the previous unofficial release?
Can't remember to be honest. :/ I deleted the old zip, but it was downloaded from this thread.

OmarEinea
Old
Thanks Meter 1600
4.45 Stable and 4.5 Alpha 3 are today: https://plus.google.com/106020481530...ts/5gHvRT4XWxX

Wait for OTA if you're on PA4.44

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
amami, kitkat 4.4.4_r2, official support, paranoid android 4+, xperia z1 compact