Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required)

Tip us?

djlukas1983
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Do we need to be S-OFF to do that?
But in S-OFF tread I've read that to make an S-OFF I have to have unlocked bootloader so it seems a little dumb for me.

boe323
Old
Thanks Meter 98
How about making a simple .apk with a lock bootloader, unlock bootloader option for s-off users?. Ive just made 2 simple scripts with the lines in and they work, only snag I have is the scripts don't finish because I don't know a lot about scripting, but all I do is cancel after, works fine.
A whole lot of nothing works properly.

skeletiko
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletiko View Post
Hello Scotty1223,

I've already unlocked by bootloader using your tutorial (needed to flash recovery.img file, while I was trying to get back to stock rom), however, now I that I'm trying to lock bootloader (for if I, eventually, need to take the phone to warranty in the future), I cannot install super user (receive message that wasn't possible to install the binary)..

Do you know how can I solve this matter?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
SkElEtIkO
Can you help me scotty?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

miggsr
Old
Thanks Meter 879

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello Scotty1223,

I've already unlocked by bootloader using your tutorial (needed to flash recovery.img file, while I was trying to get back to stock rom), however, now I that I'm trying to lock bootloader (for if I, eventually, need to take the phone to warranty in the future), I cannot install super user (receive message that wasn't possible to install the binary)..

Do you know how can I solve this matter?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
SkElEtIkO
What are you trying to do exactly...? I may be able to assist you. Send me a pm.

Currently Using: HTC One M8 Sprint
HTC Locked
Rom: Beta Tester/ Abuser
Hboot: Firewater S-off
Recovery: CTB TWRP 2.7.1.0
If you feel i have helped you in some way hit the THANKS
Team420 & Bad Sprouts
Do you need extra storage?
The Following User Says Thank You to miggsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skeletiko
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggsr View Post
What are you trying to do exactly...? I may be able to assist you. Send me a pm.

Hello miggsr, I've unlocked bootloader following this thread..after that I've flashed stock firmware.
Now, I just want to lock my bootloader (for warranty purposes), but for that I need Super user (disappeared after flash stock firmware), but I cannot install it (got it from Play and when I run it returns the error "There's no SU binary installed (..)").

So what I need to know now is how can I can I get Supersu to work, so I can lock bootloader and leave no traces that smartphone had already been rooted before.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
SkElEtIkO

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2181
Quote:
Hello miggsr, I've unlocked bootloader following this thread..after that I've flashed stock firmware.
Now, I just want to lock my bootloader (for warranty purposes), but for that I need Super user (disappeared after flash stock firmware), but I cannot install it (got it from Play and when I run it returns the error "There's no SU binary installed (..)").

So what I need to know now is how can I can I get Supersu to work, so I can lock bootloader and leave no traces that smartphone had already been rooted before.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
SkElEtIkO
Install recovery
Flash superuser
Lock boot loader
Install stock recovery/remove superuser if desired

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund