Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USA Metro PCS LG L70

Tip us?

Shinotheweevil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon64 View Post
Oh man, if this bypass works it would solve so many of the road blocks I've met with this phone (no ext2,3,4 support, no CIFS/NFS support) goodness knows what else I can think of right now.

I await with bated breath. Good luck.
For the no ext2,3,4 support I use link2sd as a workaround
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinotheweevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordHades21999
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well no word from the only hope this phone has. What is CWM11? a custom rom? I would love to have a pure version of Android kitkat on my phone. Get rid of this nasty LG Ui and all these childish looking icons. I'm not a big fan of launchers etc.

I tried to get into recovery mode with some apps like ROM toolbox lite, and it looks like it would work but then the phone reboots.
If I hold down the power button and volume down button on my phone while powering up, it takes me to a screen that asks if I want to do a full factory reset. But you guys probably already know this.

Shinotheweevil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Correct me if I'm wrong but cm11 is cyanogen mod. Which I believe isn't exactly pure kit Kat. I believe pure kit Kat would be aosp. I know you don't like launchers but I got the google now launcher (or whatever it's called) and it makes it more of the kit Kat feel. I also tried to do recovery, but like they said unless the bootloader is bypassed We can't go to recovery.

vbtechx
Old
(Last edited by vbtechx; Yesterday at 10:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Uhmm I think I am able to go into recovery successfully and it doesn't reboot. I used advanced power menu to get restart to recovery option. But it doesn't go to recovery through system buttons. What does bootloader unlocking mean?

Edit: I am using D325 and not the Metro one

crutchcorn
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbtechx View Post
Uhmm I think I am able to go into recovery successfully and it doesn't reboot. I used advanced power menu to get restart to recovery option. But it doesn't go to recovery through system buttons. What does bootloader unlocking mean?

Edit: I am using D325 and not the Metro one
Bootloader unlocking allows the phone to load unofficial roms (Cyanogen, Paranoid Android, ect). However that's now what's going on here. We are bypassing it altogether. Allowing us to still run that code, only not running it through the official bootloader. However, our phone's partition may be different from yours so the same process. Might wanna check elseware for the phone's recovery.

Sent from my Metro-PCS LG Optimus L70

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinotheweevil View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but cm11 is cyanogen mod. Which I believe isn't exactly pure kit Kat. I believe pure kit Kat would be aosp. I know you don't like launchers but I got the google now launcher (or whatever it's called) and it makes it more of the kit Kat feel. I also tried to do recovery, but like they said unless the bootloader is bypassed We can't go to recovery.
CM11 isn't AOSP however the overall experience is dang near close. It's exactly like AOSP but... Better. Recovery bypass is being worked on. Be patient.

The Following User Says Thank You to crutchcorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shinotheweevil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutchcorn View Post
Bootloader unlocking allows the phone to load unofficial roms (Cyanogen, Paranoid Android, ect). However that's now what's going on here. We are bypassing it altogether. Allowing us to still run that code, only not running it through the official bootloader. However, our phone's partition may be different from yours so the same process. Might wanna check elseware for the phone's recovery.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

CM11 isn't AOSP however the overall experience is dang near close. It's exactly like AOSP but... Better. Recovery bypass is being worked on. Be patient.

I'm patient if help is needed (testers) I volunteer as tribute!

crutchcorn
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHades21999 View Post
Well no word from the only hope this phone has. What is CWM11? a custom rom? I would love to have a pure version of Android kitkat on my phone. Get rid of this nasty LG Ui and all these childish looking icons. I'm not a big fan of launchers etc.

I tried to get into recovery mode with some apps like ROM toolbox lite, and it looks like it would work but then the phone reboots.
If I hold down the power button and volume down button on my phone while powering up, it takes me to a screen that asks if I want to do a full factory reset. But you guys probably already know this.
Patience. They're working hard on it and it's coming along from what I've heard. CWM is a custom recovery. There is no CWM11, although there is CM11 which is Cyanogenmod 11, a custom rom based off of KitKat. Using CWM, we can bypass the bootloader and make custom roms for the phone, as example the CM10 the dev of bootloader bypass has compiled.

We currently do know this. This is part of the bootloader lock. The bypass will fix it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm patient if help is needed (testers) I volunteer as tribute!
Just be warned that the bypass is made for the MSM323, not the D325. So the partitions may not be the same. Be cautious as well as this may brick your phone. Before following the (to be posted) instructions, I'd ask the dev about it. It'd suck to loose your phone cause of a misunderstanding.

The Following User Says Thank You to crutchcorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shinotheweevil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have msm323
I have a back up phone just in case so I have no ill will on anyone if anything goes wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinotheweevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crutchcorn
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I have msm323
I have a back up phone just in case so I have no ill will on anyone if anything goes wrong.
Wrong person, I appologize.

brentwago
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutchcorn View Post
Patience. They're working hard on it and it's coming along from what I've heard. CWM is a custom recovery. There is no CWM11, although there is CM11 which is Cyanogenmod 11, a custom rom based off of KitKat. Using CWM, we can bypass the bootloader and make custom roms for the phone, as example the CM10 the dev of bootloader bypass has compiled.

We currently do know this. This is part of the bootloader lock. The bypass will fix it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Just be warned that the bypass is made for the MSM323, not the D325. So the partitions may not be the same. Be cautious as well as this may brick your phone. Before following the (to be posted) instructions, I'd ask the dev about it. It'd suck to loose your phone cause of a misunderstanding.

So are you saying there is already CM10 ready for the L70?