Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kitkat update is just a junk... don't update.

Tip us?

link6155
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by uyo_kun View Post
How did you get the notification on the lockscreen?
Using DashClock with DaskNotifier extention.
The Following User Says Thank You to link6155 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kayteck1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsharma.atc View Post

update : floating n split keyboard is available but you hv to set it up manually through setting button on keyboard.... gesture control doesn't work...
why the hell are they updating the functions that are great making them crap?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 (JB 4.1.2 stock, no root)
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190N (JB 4.1.2 stock, no root)
Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 (GB 2.3.6 stock, rooted)
My Lego TECHNIC creations website

Nikorasu
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I don't mind the changes, my only issue with the update is lag. So lag that it's almost unusable.

What the f is Samsung doing? Restoring 4.1.2.

link6155
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikorasu View Post
I don't mind the changes, my only issue with the update is lag. So lag that it's almost unusable.

What the f is Samsung doing? Restoring 4.1.2.
You're not the only one who's complaining about lag, however, I'm not getting any lag here. In fact, I think the performance has improved overall actually. The only time I get stutters is when I'm running in power saving mode.

Nikorasu
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by link6155 View Post
You're not the only one who's complaining about lag, however, I'm not getting any lag here. In fact, I think the performance has improved overall actually. The only time I get stutters is when I'm running in power saving mode.
Thanks for the reply. It's normal that it's YMMV, but for some to get performance increase, while others getting lag is so strange. We have the same device!

gpjmules
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just bought an N8013 from Bestbuy and was planning to keep it stock until the official KK update from Samsung.

Curiosity got the better of me and I installed Philz Touch with Odin and used the 4.1.2 for a couple of days while reading up on Omni ROM and Gnabo ROM.

Today, I decided to flash it to Gnabo V5.5 (4.4.2) and couldn't be happier with the result. The tablet really feels great with the update and the process of the update was very easy.

A couple of things are different from stock.

1. No haptic feedback with Sammy keyboard. Haven't figured that one out yet (yes looked at everything haptic related)

2. The 5GHz band didn't appear to be there at initially......however..... I discovered that the lower 5 GHz channels on my Tomato router (RT-N66U) worked fine when entered into the router manually. The 2 digit channels, such as 44 etc would work. However, the 3 digit channels would not. Auto channel on the router for 5GHz never worked and I assume it was picking a 3 digit channel. Once I set it to channel 44, the router saw the tablet and vise versa. No connectivity issues observed so far.

Other than that, Gnabo feels solid, and I like the layout just fine......if this was the last update for N8013, I could live with it no problem.

little_lerroyy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im also very disapointed with the result of the kitkat official rom. I have the Australian version, flashed the UK kitkat update. My biggest quark with this release it the UI. It really looks unpolished, especially the notification section. The 4.1 version looked very polished and well designed. As for performance, i think there is a slight imcrease in UI smoothness.

The other downside I have, i was looking forward to using the hidden ART runtime. This rom doesn't include it in the developer options, i assume this is because touchwiz doesn't currently yet support the ART runtime.

I will wait for the australian rom to come out, if it's not much of a big difference, I will go CM11