Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

Tip us?

NaterTots
Old
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgshakur View Post
When will update the android l
Probably some time after Google releases the code.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google Nexus 5

Android The Greek
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjferreira View Post
I have stock rom cm11s, i didn't found any bug yet. What bugs are you talking about?
The only bugs I noticed was the hello Google bug where you need to hold the mic to your mouth which is to be fixed next update as well as my headphone mic not working which was stated to be due to a modification that apple made for any headphones that state they were made for iPhone 5 and after.

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android The Greek View Post
The only bugs I noticed was the hello Google bug where you need to hold the mic to your mouth which is to be fixed next update as well as my headphone mic not working which was stated to be due to a modification that apple made for any headphones that state they were made for iPhone 5 and after.

For me, most bugs happen with a theme on. I get many more crashes and glitches with a different ('light') style.

Sent from my HTC One M8 GPE using Tapatalk
iPhone 2G-5 (AT&T)
HTC One M7 (64GB, Developer Edition)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, AT&T)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, Google Play Edition)
iPad mini with Retina Display (128GB, AT&T LTE)
iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T)
HTC One M8 (32GB, Google Play Edition)
OnePlus One (64GB)

Parvinder25
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTrans View Post
For me, most bugs happen with a theme on. I get many more crashes and glitches with a different ('light') style.

+1

exactly the reason why i got rid of fancy themes and switched back to basic ones in phone. My One used to do random reboots with these fancy themes. No more reboots now.

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvinder25 View Post
+1

exactly the reason why i got rid of fancy themes and switched back to basic ones in phone. My One used to do random reboots with these fancy themes. No more reboots now.
One of my favorite things about the phone was it's theme engine... It's a real shame it's so unstable.
They're supposedly fixing it all (or most of it) in the next OTA... It's already fixed in the latest Nightly.

iPhone 2G-5 (AT&T)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, AT&T)
iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T)
OnePlus One (64GB)

Parvinder25
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yeah. I checked the oneplus forums today for bugs reported in CM and there are fking around 150 unresolved bugs and more incoming. Why wasn't CM tested properly before releasing OnePlus. Although it is still a great phone but I expect minimal bugs in device launched in market.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parvinder25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1034
The software let's this phone down without a doubt. There is an OTA due at the end of this month apparently. The bugs that annoy me at the moment include low mic sensitivity which renders Ok Google pretty much useless, touch screen issues with keyboards it's registers phantom touches resulting in having to correct the typing, low call and speaker volume, bug in the backlight for the buttons if you disable it and reboot the phone the lights turn on again, so far they are the main ones I've experienced but it's software/kernel related and can be fixed and some user fixes are already out.

Thankfully though I've not experienced any random reboots or force closes as of yet.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Rom: DjeMBeY XXUFNC9 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: KT Kernel | Theme: Domination V2.0

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: OmniRom 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: Stock Omni

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Trading my OnePlus One to a fellow phone enthusiast on Craigslist with an Xperia Z Ultra GPE in good condition.

He's giving me $220 cash plus the phone, and it works out well for me because I just want to listen to YouTube videos in the shower XD

I figure hey, if you're gonna have a phone you can't use comfortably one-handed, why not have one where you NEED two hands?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
iPhone 2G-5 (AT&T)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, AT&T)
iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T)
OnePlus One (64GB)

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2925
OK, had mine a few days and here's my initial thoughts coming from the HTC One M8...

Obvious first point - the speakers. They're crap on the OPO compared to the M8 but we all knew that already!

Screen. I think I prefer it on the M8 as the PPI is more and it does look sharper. I actually prefer the size of the OPO, though

Battery life. I seem to have the Play Services bug which is killing battery but I can live with it until the next OTA and I'll then see if it improves. It still lasts me a day at the moment so I'm good.

Software. I actually really liked Sense 6 but, ultimately, I'm a stock Android guy and CM11S has some nice features, especially the new lock screen and gestures. Don't actually think I've used the power button bar first turning it on!

Overall I'm happy but we'll see in the long run
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 2.22.401.4 (KTU84L) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.19.2133147.09G_20.57.4196.01L_F | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH25R)

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800