Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Rom on S4

Tip us?

Shortbus-Driver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 612
Yes and yes

diveoz
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Sure enough... Works like a charm. Thanks so much shortbus! I dirty flashed it over imperium and all was well.

You have opened up a new set of awesome ROMs available to us. Now I'm venturing out and trying other i9505 ROMs.

I just installed phoenix and it seems to run well! Its only been installed for an hour but no FCs or errors so far.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2349584
Phone: SGS4
Tablets:
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
Lenovo Lynx (Windows 8)
The Following User Says Thank You to diveoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SahilLikesScarfs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow this Rom is great! I downloaded and flashed it just like a normal Rom, no extra kernels or dowlnoads needed and its running like a charm

darklime
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Question Compatible?

The thread you posted says it's for "Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506" and I'm not sure which one is for Tmo. Those sounds like the international version. Would we able to use those on a Tmo S4?

diveoz
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklime View Post
The thread you posted says it's for "Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506" and I'm not sure which one is for Tmo. Those sounds like the international version. Would we able to use those on a Tmo S4?
The OP links to RivalStorm which is a ROM for the i9505 variant. In his post shortbus was pointing out that RivalStorm can be flashed on our m919 devices without many concern for ending up with an expensive paper weight.

To further it, I have now flashed multiple touchwiz roms for the i9505 and have never run into a problem. Sure some things are borked here and there, but those are issues that i9505 owners would likely have as well.

I believe that the reason we have no issues with these roms as compared to other international variants is that our device shares the same processor as the i9505, and there is no carrier specific bloatwear to bork things, whereas, other international variants have outscore processors which would clearly have comparability issues in the OS.

ROMS I have flashed without incident are as follows:
RivalStorm
Imperium
Phoenix
Samy Deluxe, and
YCD

I am presently running Imperium as my daily driver but have also run Phoenix as a daily driver for a long time. Both are excellent s5 ROMS that run flawlessly as far as I have seen.

I have not flashed any GPE ROMS from the i9505 forum as we have quite a few available to us in the m919 android development forum. Moreover I traded in my Nexus 5 for a S4 in part because I was bored with vanilla android, so they don't interest me anyway. I have not flashed any Foreign kernels other than those contained in the i9505 ROMS, though I think it is likely safe to do so since the kernels in the i9505 ROMS cause no issues. Nor have I flashed any M919 kernels into the i9505 ROMS.

Happy flashing!
Phone: SGS4
Tablets:
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
Lenovo Lynx (Windows 8)