Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Lenovo S650 running VIBEUI v1.5 KitKat (4.4.2)

Tip us?
 
supersmp
Old
#131  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkfoodinc View Post
Hello,

and sorry for questioning a little "of topic".

But by studying this article, and comparing the specs of Lenovos S650 and the newer S660, the "only" significant difference is the MT6582 in S650 and the MT6582M in the S660. So would it theoretically be possible to port it to S660 also...?

Thanks in advance
S650 also has the MT6582m. To answer your question :yes, it is theoretically and even practically possible..... If anyone takes the time to do it.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9300 folosind Tapatalk
 
nakTT
Old
#132  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 389
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmp View Post
S650 also has the MT6582m. To answer your question :yes, it is theoretically and even practically possible..... If anyone takes the time to do it.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9300 folosind Tapatalk
Exactly. I'm waiting for it to come to S660 too.


Sent from my Lenovo A850 using XDA Free mobile app
 
karenyhl
Old
#133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default help

Hey guys, does this phone work with Compass apps?
 
supersmp
Old
#134  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenyhl View Post
Hey guys, does this phone work with Compass apps?
Define compass apps.Navigation?Yes.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9300 folosind Tapatalk
 
joevik
Old
#135  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 215
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi. can anyone post a few screenshots of this firmware?
 
onesky
Old
(Last edited by onesky; 12th July 2014 at 12:21 PM.)
#136  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Sep 2008
whenever i receive a SMS the phone doesn't recognize the contact stored in the address book because it doesn't recognize the home country code.

incoming call: +xx (country code) 123456
adress book: 123456

that doesn't happen for voice calls

any way to fix?
 
aariss
Old
#137  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesky View Post
whenever i receive a SMS the phone doesn't recognize the contact stored in the address book because it doesn't recognize the home country code.

incoming call: +xx (country code) 123456
adress book: 123456

that doesn't happen for voice calls

any way to fix?
Install "Number Fixer" from Play Store…
 
Davinlaksana
Old
#138  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tool...at-jb-t2816698

Maybe can help
 
perofake
Old
#139  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2014
Question Lenovo S650 - can't install gapps

I have S650 purchased from pandawill.com (Chinese shop), it came with Android 4.2.2 with Play store and multilanguage, after I install official OTA update it now have kitkakt 4.4.2 but I don't have Play store and no multilanguge suport.

I root the phone and install TWRP recovery but I cant flash any Gapps, it show that it has successfully flashed but when I reboot nothing happen, there's no gapps instaled and I can't access Play store.

I also try to flash some rom from needrom.com but after few seconds of flashing it always faild.

Can someone help me what to do, I just want have access to Play store?
 
yiannism01
Old
#140  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 30
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by perofake View Post
I have S650 purchased from pandawill.com (Chinese shop), it came with Android 4.2.2 with Play store and multilanguage, after I install official OTA update it now have kitkakt 4.4.2 but I don't have Play store and no multilanguge suport.

I root the phone and install TWRP recovery but I cant flash any Gapps, it show that it has successfully flashed but when I reboot nothing happen, there's no gapps instaled and I can't access Play store.

I also try to flash some rom from needrom.com but after few seconds of flashing it always faild.

Can someone help me what to do, I just want have access to Play store?
Install Gapps 4.4.3.

Tags
kitkat, lenovo, s650
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes