Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BOUNTY - Runtastic Always on mod

Tip us?

kill_dano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Cool BOUNTY - Runtastic Always on mod

I propose a bounty to anyone who develops an Xposed module to modify the Runtastic app to include an always on mode AKA low power mode.
I'm pretty sure the only reason this was never made was because it was not available in the SDK when runtastic made this app at launch of SW2. It's pretty much abandonware at this point and I can only imagine it's a very very easy mod that only requires a couple new lines of code to trigger low power mode.

Bonus points if you pledge to maintain the app in the event future runtastic updates break the module.

I'll contribute $10 via paypal to the pot or $13 via bitcoin address (incentive to get people on the bitcoin train).

Please pledge more cash to pay modders for their work.

kill_dano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
http://developer.sonymobile.com/2014...-app-tutorial/

julz
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I've swapped to run keeper as it integrates with my withings pulse app. I then use Remote Widget to display the phone widget on my watch in always on mode. Not the answer you're looking for but an alternative

--==SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA FAN SITE==--
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Sony SmartWatch 2, HTC Sensation
Most recent past devices: HTC One X, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Magic

silvertemplar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
I propose a bounty to anyone who develops an Xposed module to modify the Runtastic app to include an always on mode AKA low power mode.
I'm pretty sure the only reason this was never made was because it was not available in the SDK when runtastic made this app at launch of SW2. It's pretty much abandonware at this point and I can only imagine it's a very very easy mod that only requires a couple new lines of code to trigger low power mode.

Bonus points if you pledge to maintain the app in the event future runtastic updates break the module.

I'll contribute $10 via paypal to the pot or $13 via bitcoin address (incentive to get people on the bitcoin train).

Please pledge more cash to pay modders for their work.
This guy didn't do it for Runtastic, but for Strava, but maybe we can convince him to simply add functionality to upload to Runtastic too?

I can't post links , but search in the play store for : Ghostracer :Real-time Segments (developer = Brave the Skies )

It is a standalone app on your phone and pretty much does what all these other apps do, main thing is you link your Strava account to it and it will upload it there when you're done. Works perfectly for me, got the low power mode, customizable stats to display on the smartwatch , no more button pressing mid-run nonsense.

Oh and it's free..

kill_dano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post
I've swapped to run keeper as it integrates with my withings pulse app. I then use Remote Widget to display the phone widget on my watch in always on mode. Not the answer you're looking for but an alternative
Mostly cause the widgets never work for me regardless of which app I use. Always unresponsive and stop refreshing after a minute or so.