Ask a question

No registration required

BOUNTY - Runtastic Always on mod

OP kill_dano

21st May 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

222 posts
I propose a bounty to anyone who develops an Xposed module to modify the Runtastic app to include an always on mode AKA low power mode.
I'm pretty sure the only reason this was never made was because it was not available in the SDK when runtastic made this app at launch of SW2. It's pretty much abandonware at this point and I can only imagine it's a very very easy mod that only requires a couple new lines of code to trigger low power mode.

Bonus points if you pledge to maintain the app in the event future runtastic updates break the module.

I'll contribute $10 via paypal to the pot or $13 via bitcoin address (incentive to get people on the bitcoin train).

Please pledge more cash to pay modders for their work.
6th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

222 posts
http://developer.sonymobile.com/2014...-app-tutorial/
6th July 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 136

449 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've swapped to run keeper as it integrates with my withings pulse app. I then use Remote Widget to display the phone widget on my watch in always on mode. Not the answer you're looking for but an alternative
26th July 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano

I propose a bounty to anyone who develops an Xposed module to modify the Runtastic app to include an always on mode AKA low power mode.
I'm pretty sure the only reason this was never made was because it was not available in the SDK when runtastic made this app at launch of SW2. It's pretty much abandonware at this point and I can only imagine it's a very very easy mod that only requires a couple new lines of code to trigger low power mode.

Bonus points if you pledge to maintain the app in the event future runtastic updates break the module.

I'll contribute $10 via paypal to the pot or $13 via bitcoin address (incentive to get people on the bitcoin train).

Please pledge more cash to pay modders for their work.

This guy didn't do it for Runtastic, but for Strava, but maybe we can convince him to simply add functionality to upload to Runtastic too?

I can't post links , but search in the play store for : Ghostracer :Real-time Segments (developer = Brave the Skies )

It is a standalone app on your phone and pretty much does what all these other apps do, main thing is you link your Strava account to it and it will upload it there when you're done. Works perfectly for me, got the low power mode, customizable stats to display on the smartwatch , no more button pressing mid-run nonsense.

Oh and it's free..
29th July 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz

I've swapped to run keeper as it integrates with my withings pulse app. I then use Remote Widget to display the phone widget on my watch in always on mode. Not the answer you're looking for but an alternative

Mostly cause the widgets never work for me regardless of which app I use. Always unresponsive and stop refreshing after a minute or so.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread