Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[HELP] Stock Recovery of Huawei Ascend Y511-U30

OP ShahKashif

12th June 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Khlong Luang
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
I have installed CWM recovery over my stock recovery. Now I want to revert to stock recovery but I am not able to find appropriate stock recovery for my Huawei Ascend Y511-U30 device. I want to flash stock firmware which I have downloaded from Huawei Russia website but my CWM recovery is not recognizing it and update fails. Any suggestions?

Can anybody help me?
27th July 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahKashif

I have installed CWM recovery over my stock recovery. Now I want to revert to stock recovery but I am not able to find appropriate stock recovery for my Huawei Ascend Y511-U30 device. I want to flash stock firmware which I have downloaded from Huawei Russia website but my CWM recovery is not recognizing it and update fails. Any suggestions?

Can anybody help me?

Did you unlocked 'bootloader' and how you rooted your mobile? Will you please share info on both.
27th July 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
[QUOTE=ajnabicancer;54431553]Did you unlocked 'bootloader' and how you rooted your mobile? Will you please share info on both.[/QUO
Yeah tell me how you installed the CMW recovery.I really need it to reset my phone
28th July 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #4  

142 posts
Quote:

Yeah tell me how you installed the CMW recovery.I really need it to reset my phone

I think both bootloader unlocking and device should be rooted to install/flash CWM or relative app/soft. After that, i am sure installing CWM is not a big problem. Search forum for CWM installation, I'm sure you will find solution.
Last edited by ajnabicancer; 28th July 2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added more text in reply
29th July 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Khlong Luang
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnabicancer

I think both bootloader unlocking and device should be rooted to install/flash CWM or relative app/soft. After that, i am sure installing CWM is not a big problem. Search forum for CWM installation, I'm sure you will find solution.

By the way, this post was very old. Now I have resolved the issue after googling. Obviously one must have root privileges to install a custom recovery. Luckily Huawei Bootloader is unlocked so no need to worry about it. I had used FRAMA ROOT apk in order to root my Y511-U30. You can find its thread on XDA. For installing a CWM recovery I used its CWM img file in a Chinese apk called Mobile Uncle Tools. With that aok you can easily install flash CWM recovery and flash custom Roms which are many which you can find over internet.

If anybody needs any help regarding Y511-U30, please send a PM to me.

Regards.
29th July 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahKashif

By the way, this post was very old. Now I have resolved the issue after googling. Obviously one must have root privileges to install a custom recovery. Luckily Huawei Bootloader is unlocked so no need to worry about it. I had used FRAMA ROOT apk in order to root my Y511-U30. You can find its thread on XDA. For installing a CWM recovery I used its CWM img file in a Chinese apk called Mobile Uncle Tools. With that aok you can easily install flash CWM recovery and flash custom Roms which are many which you can find over internet.

If anybody needs any help regarding Y511-U30, please send a PM to me.

Regards.

Thanks for information. i'm sending you pm.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread