Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from DHO: Vanir has arrived on the v500

[ROM] Vanir/Commotio v500

Tip us?

LiamAtkins90
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123 View Post
do tell me what Irs 2.5 is...I like to flash things...I will try it. Really !!
You're just a flashaholic Cal
I think you need some Android rehab haha

Sent from S3 Mini
Using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to LiamAtkins90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jhon998
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123 View Post
What is lrs 2.5 ? Never heard of it.

Also, you should be able to install anything friend, if you do the things I and others have stated for you, *correctly*.
You seem to know your way around these tablets - maybe you have something wrong with your L G Tablet...maybe you really should send it back in for repair if it's still in warranty. I sent this one I have back and it was rooted and they worked on it and said nothing about it being rooted.

Good luck! But do tell me what Irs 2.5 is...I like to flash things...I will try it. Really !!
LRS G Pad is a ROM, stock based ROM with some modifications, its little bit better than stock.
Devices:

30-July-2014: (Used) Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 LTE Blue>Stock 4.2.2>CWM 6.0.4.6 Unofficial>Rooted.
1-Janua.ry-14: (NIB) LG G Pad V500 White>LRS 2.5>AIC Kernel>TWRP 2.7.1>Rooted.

Sam. Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE. (SOLD)
LG Optimus Vu P895 White. (GIVEN)
Nokia Lumia 820 Red. (GIVEN)
Nokia 701 Silver. (GIVEN)
Nokia 7230 Silver. (GIVEN)
Nokia 3110 Evolve (Classic) Black. (SOLD)

DHO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998 View Post

I don't know what to do I never or ever could reboot to system in vanir

I wiped every thing (system,data, cache, dalvik)

I does not however, reboot to system, I just flashed vinar and vinar gapps, I also checked if the zips were damaged but they weren't!

I haven't done anything weird, I just backed up everything up and restored to lrs to make some apks of some apps, and restored back to vinar and installed about 40 apks and rebooted (full) and it just never reboot to system whatever I do even wiped data and wiped everything, same thing happens always, I tried 3 times of flashing zips...

I am now on lrs 2.5

Plz help @DHO
Hard to say without logs. The above advise is solid.

In general, make sure your flashables (ROM/gapps) have the correct MD5s. Nightlies can sometimes be bad, that why they are nightlies. Make sure other v500 users are flashing okay. Maybe try another day.

Clean install is best when flashing between ROMs.

On most devices we use predexopt and other tweaks that require a longer first boot, but result in better performance. On my GS4 it takes 3-4 minutes. On my TF700 closer to 5 minutes. Anything over that would probably be abnormal.

Very rarely, some taint happens that can soft brick a phone/tab when flashing any ROM. Sometimes a reflash fixes, sometimes factory images are needed. Being a frequent flasher of test builds, I have gone down this route many times.
Developer for Team Vanir
Supporting Toro, Maguro, Toroplus, Grouper, Tilapia, Manta, Mako, Flo, Deb, GS4 vzw/att/tmo, i605, T0ltetmo, T0lteatt
Also supporting: Hercules, Maserati. Jewel, Vigor, i9300/i9305, d3att/spr/tmo/vzw, m7att/tmo/vzw, e975, 980, and more coming
Request for Recognized Developer Status Rejected

bjcrj
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Commotio is working great for me. Thanks for building it DHO!

Jhon998
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Hello guys,

now i got it working using philz recovery to fully wipe to install new ROM,

Now i just need the bootanimation from vanir, that one is on fire or something, i like it more than commotio one, plz anyone just copy bootanimation from vanir.
@DHO
Devices:

30-July-2014: (Used) Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 LTE Blue>Stock 4.2.2>CWM 6.0.4.6 Unofficial>Rooted.
1-Janua.ry-14: (NIB) LG G Pad V500 White>LRS 2.5>AIC Kernel>TWRP 2.7.1>Rooted.

Sam. Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE. (SOLD)
LG Optimus Vu P895 White. (GIVEN)
Nokia Lumia 820 Red. (GIVEN)
Nokia 701 Silver. (GIVEN)
Nokia 7230 Silver. (GIVEN)
Nokia 3110 Evolve (Classic) Black. (SOLD)

k1n9n0th1n9
Old
Thanks Meter 171
if i set on boot in performance setting and i let the screen goes to sleep after reboot...then i cannot unlock screen, the touch does not work...
This bug has been long but not resolved

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 20
So I finally got Vanir installed and so far it seems to perform poorly compared to LG 20B I was running. All my games seem to have ms stutters constantly. Wifi looses my network key on every third or fourth reboot. Benchmark scores have dropped 20-30%

I'm going back to LG for now and may give this another shot when its updated.