Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VPN Client on the Fire TV

Tip us?

vyktym
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfeust View Post
i tried to follow Rose Ab's idea
i found an old router with dd-wrt on it, i now have to networks: one local and one connected via vpn which has the AFTV on it.
it works great

Care to share how you configured the two networks? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but can't find a reliable guide to do so.

I have two routers - both configured with dd-wrt. I find that when I plug my second router (w/vpn) into the first's LAN port, I can never get a connection to pass through. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lanfeust
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktym View Post
Care to share how you configured the two networks? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but can't find a reliable guide to do so.

I have two routers - both configured with dd-wrt. I find that when I plug my second router (w/vpn) into the first's LAN port, I can never get a connection to pass through. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually, i have one router for my "usefull" network wich is configured as a gateway (you can use your internet box too). The other is configured as a vpn connected client, connected on the first, making a network for devices that need to be connected to the USA. I use purevpn and they have good tutorials for tomato or ddwrt and other kind of routers.

I also have a NAS with two ethernet ports... each connected on a different network, so it can be available from the fire tv and my computer

vyktym
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfeust View Post
actually, i have one router for my "usefull" network wich is configured as a gateway (you can use your internet box too). The other is configured as a vpn connected client, connected on the first, making a network for devices that need to be connected to the USA. I use purevpn and they have good tutorials for tomato or ddwrt and other kind of routers.

I also have a NAS with two ethernet ports... each connected on a different network, so it can be available from the fire tv and my computer
Thanks for clarifying. I think I got it working on my end by configuring the 2nd router to use the first router's IP address as the gateway and local DNS server. Still not my preferred option (waiting for the PIA android app to function by itself), but it will work for now. Cheers.

Vylle
Old
Thanks Meter 6
wouldnt it be better to just load up DDWRT on a router and configure your vpn from there?
VYLLE

Primary Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: xenonHD 4.4.2 20140331
Kernel: Faux
SD Layout: 32GB Class

Secondary Phone: Motorola Photon 4G

Next Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

The 4G's of a techie's life
|GAMES|=o=|GIRLS|=o=|GADGETS|=o=|GOLD|

mcsephoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser View Post
Tun.ko with droidvpn works.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Can you tell us a little more about how you got this working?

Thanks