Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.2+][ROOT] SecondScreen - optimize your Android for the big screen

Tip us?

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb View Post
I actually just pushed an update a few hours ago that alters the backlight off functionality a bit. The backlight will now only turn off if there is a display connected. When disconnecting the display, the backlight will immediately turn back on. So, not exactly what you're looking for, but this should fix the problem you're having.
As long as backlight stays on long enough for me to be able to turn off the profile - it is fine. The profile I have created for AppRadio is simple - nothing like resolution or dpi changes - just backlight is set to go off when profile gets activated. I use the auto-enable profile feature upon HDMI detect.

The problem doesn't happen regularly - every now and then only. Usually as soon as pull out the MHL cable profile gets switched off automatically and backlight comes back on. Just maybe one out of 6-7 times it would think I am still connected to MHL and keep turning backlight off.
leobg

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1161
so this app basically uses like 3 commands right? wm size, wm denisty, and maybe even wm overscan, am i right?

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Member of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Making slimkat in-depth reviews and updates

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: Latest Slimkat Build | Kernel: Changing | CPU: Never Overclocked | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

farmerbb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rirozizo View Post
so this app basically uses like 3 commands right? wm size, wm denisty, and maybe even wm overscan, am i right?
For resolution/density/overscan, yes. If you have SuperSU Pro you can enable full-content logging to see exactly what it does.
SecondScreen - optimize your Android for the big screen

(16GB + LTE)   

ROM: Android 4.4.4 (stock + root)
Kernel: franco.Kernel + USB-OTG    
Recovery: TWRP + MultiROM
(2013) (32GB + Wi-Fi)    

ROM: Android 4.4.4 (stock + root)
Kernel: franco.Kernel
Recovery: TWRP + MultiROM
Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport