Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 52,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you recieved your Oppo Find 7 - share first impressions here

Tip us?

Yakobus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by farenteria View Post
I think you'll enjoy the 7a. Do you have any other devices in mind?
As I stated in my first post: The only device I am also thinking about is the Note 3 (maybe I can get one for around 350 from a relative - used, but in very good condition).
I would like to have a screen size of at least 5.5 inches combined with decent hardware and a removable battery, so the HTC One M8 and the Sony Z2 are no options (I do not not like them either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick_A_Name View Post
I have the 7a and my wife just got the LG G3. I really like the G3. Same screen size, but the phone is smaller. You should at least look at it.
Yeah, I do not know why I did not really consider the G3. For some reason I do not like it as much as the F7a or even the GN3
It is also a bit more expensive than the F7a, especially if you have in mind that it is possible to get brand new F7as via eBay's German small ad platform for around 330 euros. I am a student and therefore set the price limit to 400 euros (which actually means that I am trying to purchase a 400 euro device for 300 euros - yeah, I know that I am clever ).

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my market research

farenteria
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Oh, ha ha sorry about that. I personally don't like the Note 3. They both have good specs, though

m00npies
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Some anecdotal evidence re: phone survivability in water...

So, my Find 7 is currently ~3 weeks old. I was at Wet Republic yesterday (Vegas) getting sloshed with the fiance and some buddies when I decided to be cool and dunk my phone in about 12 inches of salty pool water "just to see what would happen". It was in there for a good 10 seconds, but only realizing the risk of what I'd just done AFTER I pulled the phone out, my heart sank.

"Did I just ruin my device in a moment of stupidity?"

Immediately, I grabbed anything dry within arm's reach that would suffice to soak up water - towels, people, hair.

Screen check: still on.
Response to touch: ok.

I shut it off and disassembled the pieces to dry it further. After reassembling and attempting to power it back on, the phone went through a lengthy vibrating loop cycle that had me worried. The OPPO logo hung there without doing anything else. I put it in my pocket hoping it would fix itself. Thankfully, after checking on it 10 minutes later, everything was on and apparently in full working order. A visual inspection revealed moisture locked inside the front-facing camera. I told myself that, worst case scenario, if all that is wrong with my phone after this ordeal is a little bit of moisture locked in there, I will sing praises of this device forever.

Fast forward to this AM - before going to bed, I disassembled everything again and laid out the pieces on the night stand of our a-little-too-air-conditioned hotel room. Woke up, inspected the pieces, and VOILA - front camera was as dry as the heat outside. No rice bagging or blow drying needed.

Lesson learned.
Take better care of your toys.

TLDR: phone survived an intentional 10 second drowning in 12 inches of nasty public pool water. Front camera retained some moisture that dissipated after being taken apart and allowed to sit at the bedside overnight. Don't be me. Find 7 is awesome .

vex n8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Best phone I ever bought! Fast charging quad core, camera is just wow and speakers is almost like the HTC one m8.
Five stars for me

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Free mobile app

Yakobus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Sounds like the only mistake would be NOT to buy it

Two more questions:
Is there a color difference between the Astro Black and the Midnight version apart from the back cover?
Will there be back covers with other designs available like for the OnePlus One?