Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[A510/A511][ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 4.43

Tip us?
 
nchc
Old
#131  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 291
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl View Post
Bad news:

all the unpopular devices will be dropped permenantly

So there won't be weekly updates anymore but I'll do my best to compile every one or two months...
Damn. Monthly or bimonthly updates would be appreciated.



Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Shreps
Old
#132  
Shreps's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 526
Posts: 401
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paris

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi Elibl,

If needed, I can make some "blind" build using your repo/device tree on my build server, you tell me
* Acer Liquid S100 (LCR E/S/F, LiquidNext)
* Samsung Galaxy S2 (7comp)
* Acer Iconia A510 (CM10*, CM11, AOKP, 7comp)
* Acer CloudMobile S500 (CM 10, 7comp, MIUI)
* Acer Liquid E1 V360 (Root)
* Acer Liquid E2 V370 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Iconia A1-810 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Liquid S1 S510 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Aspire P3 i3 (Dual boot : Windows 8 + Android 4.2.2 Root)
* Acer Liquid S2 S520 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Liquid E3 E380 (Root + custom UI/framework)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Elibl
Old
(Last edited by Elibl; 17th July 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
#133  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 598
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Pa 4.4.3

here you go pa_a510-4.43-20140716

Edit: thanks @Shreps for hosting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mad07
Old
#134  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl View Post
here you go pa_a510-4.43-20140716

Edit: thanks @Shreps for hosting
I have flashed the FW in the morning on the way to work; after work I'll have the first experience.
THX for compile!
 
Mad07
Old
(Last edited by Mad07; 27th July 2014 at 04:40 PM.)
#135  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2009
What I've recognize, is an also old problem with the Tab:
It's happen -visible- more or less during pinball Arcade.
Here -mostly during multiball- the Tab does not make any reaction sometime for a touch on the screen.
If I use Sixaxis and a PS3 controller, I did not see the problem. It was happen also with the Stock-FW, a little bit better now with the PA-Rom, but still there. Maybe somewhere is a patch for that issue?

Could this one help?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1143892

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc2k
Ok.. I finally understand the issue:

Your tochscreen always responded with [1, 0x80, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
buffer[1].bit7 seems to be some kind of "message incomplete" bit. As this is always transmitted, the worker thread never releases the semaphore which causes the ATMEL_Initial to stop at ATMEL_SyncWithThreadToReadMsg.

After you disabled the semaphore, ATMEL_Initial continues. ConfigError is probably 0, so next function to be called will be ATMEL_CheckConfig.

This function first calls ATMEL_SendCMDgetCRC. As semaphores are disabled, this will probably not be able to receive the checksum (due to timing) so that ConfigChecksumError=1.

If ConfigChecksumError==1, ATMEL_CheckConfig will call ATMEL_WriteConfig and ATMEL_Backup that will probably be successful and thus fixes the configuration issue. Even if it does not complete succesfully, the whole recovery process is repeated until all conditions are satisfied.

Conclusion:
- Somehow the configuration in your touchscreen controller got messed up.
- Removing the semaphores triggered ATMEL_WriteConfig + ATMEL_Backup which probably fixed the issue.

I believe, a good fix would be to add a check "if (counts > 20) { up(&mxt->sema); goto fail; }" or similar to mxt_worker for irq_type == ATMEL_ReadResponseMsg_Noaddress. This would prevent these endless interrupt loop and allow the driver to fix the configuration.

Really nice bug that you have found in this driver
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Elibl
Old
#136  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 598
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad07 View Post
What I've recognize, is an also old problem with the Tab:
It's happen -visible- more or less during pinball Arcade.
Here -mostly during multiball- the Tab does not make any reaction sometime for a touch on the screen.
If I use Sixaxis and a PS3 controller, I did not see the problem. It was happen also with the Stock-FW, a little bit better now with the PA-Rom, but still there. Maybe somewhere is a patch for that issue?

Could this one help?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1143892
You see the same logcat output like the guy in the thread? Could compile a kernel with such a count if I find time for it but no promise though and could take a while till... But nice find if this issue is really present bookmarked
 
Mad07
Old
#137  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
You see the same logcat output like the guy in the thread? Could compile a kernel with such a count if I find time for it but no promise though and could take a while till... But nice find if this issue is really present bookmarked
I haven't look, but the problem is a known issue and it looks like so, that this one is not change in the kernel
Complie: I haven't a working environment beside me - If I have, I don't want ask I'll give the solution here, after I can verify this one ( I've think, that a feedback is welcome, isn't it ? ) Uncomfortable (?) I'll be in vacation for the next 3 weeks and I have only the possibility to continuous to read this thread. ---find this issue : I try to found a solution, patch or simular issue - not only cra : it doesn't work
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Elibl
Old
#138  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 598
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad07 View Post
I haven't look, but the problem is a known issue and it looks like so, that this one is not change in the kernel
Complie: I haven't a working environment beside me - If I have, I don't want ask I'll give the solution here, after I can verify this one ( I've think, that a feedback is welcome, isn't it ? ) Uncomfortable (?) I'll be in vacation for the next 3 weeks and I have only the possibility to continuous to read this thread. ---find this issue : I try to found a solution, patch or simular issue - not only cra : it doesn't work
Sorry I think you misunderstood my statement I wanted to thank you for this probably nice find and wanted to say that I could compile a kernel with such a count when I can verify the issue and have the time for it
The Following User Says Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mad07
Old
#139  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2009
The a lot

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes