Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google Glass Stuck at the “Glass” screen and would not turn on :(

OP shen747

10th March 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Can anyone tell me how can I hard reset and start the google glass ?. It used to work fine but now it's getting stuck at the "Glass" screen as shown in the diagram below and would not switch on. Can anyone please help me ?.

I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds and tried switching the glass on again but it would not help . Can anyone please help me out ?.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glass_capture.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	2622416  
11th March 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nawlins
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen747

Can anyone tell me how can I hard reset and start the google glass ?. It used to work fine but now it's getting stuck at the "Glass" screen as shown in the diagram below and would not switch on. Can anyone please help me ?.

I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds and tried switching the glass on again but it would not help . Can anyone please help me out ?.

try powering off glass completely, unplugged from any power/usb cord. hold down the camera button and the power button and watch for the white led on the end of the touchpad to illuminate, hook Glass up to your computer and run in terminal/command:

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully that should help....worse case scenario you may need to download the Glass XE 12 OS files directly from Google and completely wipe the device and reinstall the software.

Hope this helps!
12th March 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Tried Fastreboot but still no luck :(.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southsideweezy

try powering off glass completely, unplugged from any power/usb cord. hold down the camera button and the power button and watch for the white led on the end of the touchpad to illuminate, hook Glass up to your computer and run in terminal/command:

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully that should help....worse case scenario you may need to download the Glass XE 12 OS files directly from Google and completely wipe the device and reinstall the software.

Hope this helps!

Thanks you very much for your answer. I tried exactly what you suggested. But When I executed the 1st command I get the following result :

Code:
$ sudo fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'cache'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.002s
and it is the same for the second command as well. And when I execute the 3rd command it reboots like shown below :

Code:
$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s
But still it is stuck at the glass screen . Could you please help me out ?.
7th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen747

Thanks you very much for your answer. I tried exactly what you suggested. But When I executed the 1st command I get the following result :

Code:
$ sudo fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'cache'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.002s
and it is the same for the second command as well. And when I execute the 3rd command it reboots like shown below :

Code:
$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s
But still it is stuck at the glass screen . Could you please help me out ?.

I have the same issue.
29th July 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

58 posts
Ok this will erase everything on your glass! Just reinstall the firmware via USB

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCyberHackerxX

Ok this will erase everything on your glass! Just reinstall the firmware via USB

where can i find the drivers for glass?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread