612 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Bob

[COLOR="DimGray"]Model: Xperia C1905
Build: 15.4.A.0.23 (Android 4.3)
Battery: Mugen Power 1900mAh
Single Charge: 7days 2hours

7 days? So what? You almost do not use the phone at all.
I'm getting around 15-16h with sync,Wi-Fi or H+ data on (one or the other is on all the time),calls 1h+,screen time around 3-4h and no energy leaks (no more than 3-4% according to Wakelock Detector).
So yes,a Mugen battery would help maybe extend this to 20h.
It's only a 10% bump really (1750 to 1900mAh) at 45$!
If I charge the phone and leave it on overnight I easily get 24h but it's not really relevant since I need to charge it again at noon the next day...
N.

Not sent from my Xperia.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackArtsInc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArtsInc

7 days? So what? You almost do not use the phone at all.

True, everybody's usage is different at given times.

I was using another phone and I just had the chance to let an Xperia M idle for a week with only 1 hours of light screen use.
Mail, Calendar, WhatsApp and numerous other apps were configured and active/sync'n, with background processes/services.
My main interest was to see what the telephony drain of maintaining a GSM signal with the phone's carrier over time would be.
I was happy that 97% of telephony was at the higher end of signal strength in the general area and that it only used ⅓ of the battery to maintain that signal over a week.

As a real controlled test, GSMArena Battery test for the Xperia M is one of the better ones for comparing battery life over various phones.

Besides, having a phone last for over a week on a single charge may be mooted often, but it's nice to know it can be done in real life AND that we can say 'so what' to boot, really extolls the virtue of an Xperia M (4" WVGA screen) and it's battery life.

Pity an XPERIA S(LT26) with 720p screen can't get half the battery life of the Xperia M on a 1700mAh battery *sigh*

Oh, one thing (amongst others) I found is that Sony TV Sideview woke the system 512 times (bringing it out of deep sleep) in a week when it wasn't even used compared to mail(kaiten) which only woke the system 337 times and was used. Google Play Service (927) and Android System (742) with time held awake loosely tracking the same apps. Poorly configured apps become more noticeable over a week of almost no use.

[Update]

Model: Xperia C1905
Build: 15.4.A.1.9 (Android 4.3)
Battery: Mugen Power 1900mAh
Single Charge: 8days
WiFi: 8:30 - 23:00
Mobile Data: Off
NFC: On
Root Access: Yes
Stamina Mode: Off
Usage: No gaming, video or extended screen use. Just light use.

The above indicates that battery life has not been compromised with the fw upgrade to 15.4.A.1.9 as I note a screen time of 1h 25m on this battery cycle in the same environment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XM Battery 8d.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2842002  
Last edited by Android Bob; 9th July 2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Include 15.4.A.1.9 Battery life
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Bob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
From 98%, travelling in my weekly 5-hour trip to work, airplane mode activated, almost 5 hours of non-stop video watching and listening to music, battery got down to 30%. Pretty impressive considering it almost always goes down to 5% whenever I tried the same thing before.
29th July 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 91

347 posts
I got a full day out of CM11 FXP330.
Heavy usage, gaming, videos and messing around with some new features

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread