Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][05/09] **C-RoM** -***4.4.4***- -v7.1!

Tip us?

freeridindirtbiker
Old
(Last edited by freeridindirtbiker; 27th July 2014 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsLYNDZ View Post
Does it show the full text, or just that I have an unread text waiting? I used this ROM for a few days, but since there things that I need that dont work (bluetooth, camera issues, etc.) I cant use it as a daily driver. It seems pretty cool and I hope the dev can update soon.
Tested today with the expanded notification option enabled and yes, it shows the full message on lock screen. You can also reply without unlocking the phone when you see the message on the lock screen. It works pretty well!

Yea, the Bluetooth can definitely be a problem for some. I haven't had any camera issues nor any FCs on this ROM though. Did you use the latest version of this ROM (7.1) when you had it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

itsLYNDZ
Old
(Last edited by itsLYNDZ; 28th July 2014 at 03:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Yeah I was using the most recent version, but Bluetooth not working was a deal breaker for me

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeridindirtbiker View Post
Tested today with the expanded notification option enabled and yes, it shows the full message on lock screen. You can also reply without unlocking the phone when you see the message on the lock screen. It works pretty well!

Yea, the Bluetooth can definitely be a problem for some. I haven't had any camera issues nor any FCs on this ROM though. Did you use the latest version of this ROM (7.1) when you had it?

Could you post a screen shot of what the text in lock screen looks like? Is it something I could flash that would work on any 4.0 Rom?
Sent from my T-mobile S3 SGH-T999

freeridindirtbiker
Old
(Last edited by freeridindirtbiker; 28th July 2014 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Yeah I was using the most recent version, but Bluetooth not working was a deal breaker for me

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Could you post a screen shot of what the text in lock screen looks like? Is it something I could flash that would work on any 4.0 Rom?
See attached. I'm pretty sure most 4.4.4 AOSP ROMs have this feature, but not certain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.png
Views:	86
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	2874257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.png
Views:	79
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	2874258  
The Following User Says Thank You to freeridindirtbiker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itsLYNDZ
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
See attached. I'm pretty sure most 4.4.4 AOSP ROMs have this feature, but not certain.
Thanks! Thats awesome. Always liked that the iphone had it. Do you think its a flashable in case another 4.4.4 rom doesnt have it?
Sent from my T-mobile S3 SGH-T999

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Thanks! Thats awesome. Always liked that the iphone had it. Do you think its a flashable in case another 4.4.4 rom doesnt have it?
That feature is not flash able. I'd assume any ROM with lock screen notifications should be able to do that.

GS³: Carbonized, LeanKernel'd, Philz'd
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.8exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUENC2

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!

Other devices:

Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: WildKernel v007 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | Radio: UVMC6

Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
ROM: PAC-Rom 4.4.2 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 | Radio: Disabled

jordeeeezy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
That looks like L.. not KK.

freeridindirtbiker
Old
(Last edited by freeridindirtbiker; Yesterday at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordeeeezy View Post
That looks like L.. not KK.

It's Kit Kat and the notifications are as well, although the theme I have applied has a few Android L characteristics (Lock icon, status bar, etc). I also have the Android L keyboard installed so I can see why it may seem that way.