Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Logitech Harmony remote compatibility

Tip us?

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Logitech Harmony remote compatibility

Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire TV is compatible with any of the Harmony remotes?

rickdm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post
Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire TV is compatible with any of the Harmony remotes?
You would need to add and IR Reciever like a FLIRC or there are reports of this item working as well.

I can't post links, so search amazon for Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate
The Following User Says Thank You to rickdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdm View Post
You would need to add and IR Reciever like a FLIRC or there are reports of this item working as well.

I can't post links, so search amazon for Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate

Thank You Rickdm!

screwyluie
Old
Thanks Meter 44
some of the newer harmony remotes have bluetooth. It might be possible to use them.

I use my harmony smart to control my HTPC through blutooth using the ps3 profile... if we can get a ps3 controller to pair with the firetv (requires root) then we may be able to use the remote as well.

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I can confirm that the Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate I purchased from Amazon does indeed work with my Harmony One and the Fire TV.

scottsdca
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How about using a phone app for the keyboard and mouse to control the fire TV. Is this possible?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Bama29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
For those trying to get the Harmony up to speed...

To emulate the Back button on the Fire TV remote assign the clear key from the ORtek.

To emulate the Home Button on the Fire TV remote assign the Browser command from the ORtek. It is also the upper left key on the remote. The "e" with a circle around it.

On my Harmony One I assigned Home to the Menu key and Back to the Exit key. Neither were being used for the ORtek device.

aerick79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know if the Logitech Harmony One remote with the Logitech PS3 adapter will work? My Fire TV is rooted, Now the only thing I can come up with is using the SixaxisPairTool I will try later tonight. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

nooknut
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You can use Droidmote to emulate all input devices (mouse, keyboard, virtual controller). Further, my understanding is that if you have a proper cable, you can tether a PS3 controller to your Android device and use the controller that way. I have the parts, but I haven't connected the pieces just yet to confirm Controller.