Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not receiving emergency alerts

Tip us?
 
nbjh609
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Phone Not receiving emergency alerts

Hi. Since getting my HTC One on launch day, I haven't received a single emergency alert. I previously used a Google Nexus, and was used to receiving the test alerts (3pm every third Wednesday) so I figured maybe the One just didn't use the test alerts for some reason. But this weekend, I got confirmation that I'm not receiving them at all; my girlfriend's Nexus 5 got a flash flood warning, and my One didn't. So I'd like to get this figured out before I miss a tornado warning or something huge.

Here's a screenshot of my emergency alert settings to confirm that they're all enabled and I'm not just missing the obvious. Running 4.4.2, stock, not rooted. Any ideas are appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-01-35-41.png
Views:	34
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2756772  
 
synisterwolf
Old
#2  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2164
Posts: 6,357
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjh609 View Post
Hi. Since getting my HTC One on launch day, I haven't received a single emergency alert. I previously used a Google Nexus, and was used to receiving the test alerts (3pm every third Wednesday) so I figured maybe the One just didn't use the test alerts for some reason. But this weekend, I got confirmation that I'm not receiving them at all; my girlfriend's Nexus 5 got a flash flood warning, and my One didn't. So I'd like to get this figured out before I miss a tornado warning or something huge.

Here's a screenshot of my emergency alert settings to confirm that they're all enabled and I'm not just missing the obvious. Running 4.4.2, stock, not rooted. Any ideas are appreciated!
I've never received a test emergency alert on my HTC only when it was a real emergency.

maybe they dont send them so often now? idk what is going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
 
nbjh609
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
I've never received a test emergency alert on my HTC only when it was a real emergency.

maybe they dont send them so often now? idk what is going on.
Well, in one of those wacky timing coincidences, we've had two tornado warnings today that I found out about in ways other than my phone. The One didn't report either one of them. So I can confirm I'm not receiving alerts for actual emergencies, either.
 
synisterwolf
Old
#4  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2164
Posts: 6,357
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjh609 View Post
Well, in one of those wacky timing coincidences, we've had two tornado warnings today that I found out about in ways other than my phone. The One didn't report either one of them. So I can confirm I'm not receiving alerts for actual emergencies, either.
oh man, sorry to hear about that. hope everything was ok where you're at.
I can only suggest you go to VZW and ask them. maybe something happened so you opt out of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
 
HeyRadar
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
oh man, sorry to hear about that. hope everything was ok where you're at.
I can only suggest you go to VZW and ask them. maybe something happened so you opt out of it?
Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the same issue.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes