Not receiving emergency alerts

OP nbjh609

22nd May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi. Since getting my HTC One on launch day, I haven't received a single emergency alert. I previously used a Google Nexus, and was used to receiving the test alerts (3pm every third Wednesday) so I figured maybe the One just didn't use the test alerts for some reason. But this weekend, I got confirmation that I'm not receiving them at all; my girlfriend's Nexus 5 got a flash flood warning, and my One didn't. So I'd like to get this figured out before I miss a tornado warning or something huge.

Here's a screenshot of my emergency alert settings to confirm that they're all enabled and I'm not just missing the obvious. Running 4.4.2, stock, not rooted. Any ideas are appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-01-35-41.png
Views:	34
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2756772  
22nd May 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,217

6,475 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjh609

Hi. Since getting my HTC One on launch day, I haven't received a single emergency alert. I previously used a Google Nexus, and was used to receiving the test alerts (3pm every third Wednesday) so I figured maybe the One just didn't use the test alerts for some reason. But this weekend, I got confirmation that I'm not receiving them at all; my girlfriend's Nexus 5 got a flash flood warning, and my One didn't. So I'd like to get this figured out before I miss a tornado warning or something huge.

Here's a screenshot of my emergency alert settings to confirm that they're all enabled and I'm not just missing the obvious. Running 4.4.2, stock, not rooted. Any ideas are appreciated!

I've never received a test emergency alert on my HTC only when it was a real emergency.

maybe they dont send them so often now? idk what is going on.
22nd May 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

I've never received a test emergency alert on my HTC only when it was a real emergency.

maybe they dont send them so often now? idk what is going on.

Well, in one of those wacky timing coincidences, we've had two tornado warnings today that I found out about in ways other than my phone. The One didn't report either one of them. So I can confirm I'm not receiving alerts for actual emergencies, either.
22nd May 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,217

6,475 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjh609

Well, in one of those wacky timing coincidences, we've had two tornado warnings today that I found out about in ways other than my phone. The One didn't report either one of them. So I can confirm I'm not receiving alerts for actual emergencies, either.

oh man, sorry to hear about that. hope everything was ok where you're at.
I can only suggest you go to VZW and ask them. maybe something happened so you opt out of it?
29th July 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

oh man, sorry to hear about that. hope everything was ok where you're at.
I can only suggest you go to VZW and ask them. maybe something happened so you opt out of it?

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the same issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread