Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 for ChaCha [a810e / Status] [07.22.2014]

Tip us?

WinSuk
Old
Thanks Meter 817
There's already a patchset created for adding \u and LANGUAGE_SWITCH, but I was told LANGUAGE_SWITCH was the wrong thing to map it to, so it hasn't been merged yet.
http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/c/7114/
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mohabmoka
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
what Google apps do you use ? do you face this problem when you install apps from Play store ?

if your answer is "GApps to Cache listed in this topic" and you face this problem only when installing from playstore so you should use another Gapps package !

to make sure that Gapp package is the problem try to download any application apk (for example evernote) and install it
if it is installed successfully it is "GApps" problem
yuppp it was gapps problem .. thanks :]

Yehia2amer
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronflux View Post
NOT WORKING/BROKEN/ISSUES
  • USB/WiFi tethering
Finally i managed Wifi tether to Work

Instructions:
1) Download and install the attached app, don't update

2) Apply those settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethancottier View Post
Change Device-Profile > Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Change Setup-Method > WEXT (ad-hoc)
Enable WiFi-Encryption > (up to you, but some devices have issues with WEP encryption, like my partner's Galaxy 5 running CM7.2. I use "Access Control" instead)
Enable Access-Control > (again, up to you)

and leave all the other settings as they are

and BINGO

Maybe this info could be used to produce a fix for the native android wifi tethering? Then WPA2 encryption could be used
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (403.6 KB, 8 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yehia2amer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malikou
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Talking the rom is awesome

the rom is very smooth, fast and fluid.
which Gapps to use ? i have not had success with the one in main topic
can someone tell me what is the best CronMod-INT2EXT version to use with this rom please
spv m500
Trinity (P3600)
Diamond (p3700)
htc chacha (e810)

Arun Av
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Tutorial Thank you!!!!!! ^_^

Was tired with big black touch screens so a month ago I got myself a brand new HTC status (at&t unlocked). Pretty nice phone it is and I was happy with the stock rom. But soon I realised that a rom-zilla like me can't stay put with all that vanilla HTC thing. So finally today I made it kitkat, all thanks to this amazing forum and developer and my laptop! This kitkat 4.4.4 is way too stable for daily use, though I didn't test the wifi/bluetooth/deepsleep things much, but hope to have it okay cuz for the last hour and so, it's been doing great! However, I must say... due to my device being an a810a..the keyboard layout is still buggy (Pound symbol in place of @ and so on...). Can anyone help me with this? Any keyboard layout file that I need to share here from my stock rom so that it helps? Please let me know, I can live with a broken MTP/PTP but the keyboard layout is what I want to help to get fixed. I have my stock rom with me so if there's any file that I should replace or share here, please let me know. The fastboot getvar gives me modelid: PH0613000 and cidnum: CWS__001 ....if it helps.
Once again... lots of thanks to everyone involved. I love my Status and latest kitkat on an old phone like this? Come on, you guys have to be magicians to do this! Love you all!! ^_^

Device: Sony (Ericsson) XPERIA Mini (Smultron/st15i)
Kernel: Latest legacyxperia nightly kernel
ROM: Latest LegacyXperia cm11 build
Android Version: 4.4.2

WinSuk
Old
Thanks Meter 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Av View Post
Was tired with big black touch screens so a month ago I got myself a brand new HTC status (at&t unlocked). Pretty nice phone it is and I was happy with the stock rom. But soon I realised that a rom-zilla like me can't stay put with all that vanilla HTC thing. So finally today I made it kitkat, all thanks to this amazing forum and developer and my laptop! This kitkat 4.4.4 is way too stable for daily use, though I didn't test the wifi/bluetooth/deepsleep things much, but hope to have it okay cuz for the last hour and so, it's been doing great! However, I must say... due to my device being an a810a..the keyboard layout is still buggy (Pound symbol in place of @ and so on...). Can anyone help me with this? Any keyboard layout file that I need to share here from my stock rom so that it helps? Please let me know, I can live with a broken MTP/PTP but the keyboard layout is what I want to help to get fixed. I have my stock rom with me so if there's any file that I should replace or share here, please let me know. The fastboot getvar gives me modelid: PH0613000 and cidnum: CWS__001 ....if it helps.
Once again... lots of thanks to everyone involved. I love my Status and latest kitkat on an old phone like this? Come on, you guys have to be magicians to do this! Love you all!! ^_^
As far as I know, the AT&T keyboard layout is different from the European English one, but reports itself as the same keyboard device (since it's English too).. So it will require copying/flashing a different file on top, but one hasn't been made yet ^_^
The format for the key mappings changed with Honeycomb/ICS, so they can't be copied over from the gingerbread stock ROM.. Have to make them from scratch instead.

Which key(s) exactly don't work correctly? (what does it show on your keyboard, and what does it output when pressed)
I might be able to fix it