FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Orginal Buildprop with isis

536 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By RotaryXperiment7, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anyone post their buildprop that has working Isis wallet?
I can't seem to get mine to work so I wanna see if I'm missing anything? Thank u!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
21st June 2014, 12:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Anyone? I got a copy of a Verizon one but that didn't work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd June 2014, 11:36 PM |#3  
irrelephant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 209
 
More
It will not work if your bootloader is unlocked or you are rooted. Why use isis anyhow, it blows donkey balls!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 12:33 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryXperiment7

Anyone? I got a copy of a Verizon one but that didn't work.

Check your PMs...

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelephant

It will not work if your bootloader is unlocked or you are rooted. Why use isis anyhow, it blows donkey balls

I am living, breathing proof that this isn't true.

I am running the latest stock+ rom. My bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted and S-off (I used firewater first thing, no OTAs or other updates were applied). I use ISIS and Google Wallet just fine on my M8.

You have to use the "ISIS Root Bypass" Xposed module to get around the root block.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2425346

I'll give you one good reason to use ISIS. For me as a T-mobile customer, I get $1 back for every "qualified" transaction. I like to visit the vending machines at Costco which accept ISIS payments (in the Seattle area) and have many items that are $1. That's right, when I spend $1 to get a bag of Sun Chips or a Snickers bar, that $1 comes back to me so it ends up being free. Unfortunately, if you buy something that is $0.75, you don't get the $1 back. For a second there I thought I could make a quarter per transaction.

It's important to make every purchase to be a separate transaction or you will only get a total of $1 back instead of $1 for each item you purchase.

Be sure to read the fine print but experiment for yourself and see how it works out.
Last edited by FreydNot; 29th July 2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added ISIS Root Bypass URL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreydNot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 05:20 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile T-Mobile Original Build.prop
I recently switched over to android and bought an M8 GPE hoping to use it with ISIS on T-Mobile. I used to use an iPhone on T-Mobile so I couldn't use ISIS. I've been trying for the past few days to get ISIS running, but nothing has worked (Market Helper, I tried to restore a T-Mobile M8 Nandroid backup, which failed, sideloading APK's, etc). Would you mind sending me your T-Mobile build.prop? Or do you have any idea how I could get ISIS to work on a GPE phone. I'd love to be able to convert it to a T-Mobile phone somehow, but googling how to make that conversion is useless because all I get is results about people converting their T-Mobile version to GPE... Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot

Check your PMs...

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------



I am living, breathing proof that this isn't true.

I am running the latest stock+ rom. My bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted and S-off (I used firewater first thing, no OTAs or other updates were applied). I use ISIS and Google Wallet just fine on my M8.

You have to use the "ISIS Root Bypass" Xposed module to get around the root block.

I'll give you one good reason to use ISIS. For me as a T-mobile customer, I get $1 back for every "qualified" transaction. I like to visit the vending machines at Costco which accept ISIS payments (in the Seattle area) and have many items that are $1. That's right, when I spend $1 to get a bag of Sun Chips or a Snickers bar, that $1 comes back to me so it ends up being free. Unfortunately, if you buy something that is $0.75, you don't get the $1 back. For a second there I thought I could make a quarter per transaction.

It's important to make every purchase to be a separate transaction or you will only get a total of $1 back instead of $1 for each item you purchase.

Be sure to read the fine print but experiment for yourself and see how it works out.

29th July 2014, 05:31 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anboi

I recently switched over to android and bought an M8 GPE hoping to use it with ISIS on T-Mobile. I used to use an iPhone on T-Mobile so I couldn't use ISIS. I've been trying for the past few days to get ISIS running, but nothing has worked (Market Helper, I tried to restore a T-Mobile M8 Nandroid backup, which failed, sideloading APK's, etc). Would you mind sending me your T-Mobile build.prop? Or do you have any idea how I could get ISIS to work on a GPE phone. I'd love to be able to convert it to a T-Mobile phone somehow, but googling how to make that conversion is useless because all I get is results about people converting their T-Mobile version to GPE... Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Go download the Stock+ ROM, unpack it and dig out the build.prop file.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716843
29th July 2014, 07:41 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot

Go download the Stock+ ROM, unpack it and dig out the build.prop file.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716843

Thanks! I managed to grab the build.prop file I wanted. However, after editing it and rebooting or replacing it and rebooting, there seems to be a system in place that replaces the edited build.prop file with the original. Any thoughts on how to get around this?
29th July 2014, 11:43 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryXperiment7

Can anyone post their buildprop that has working Isis wallet?
I can't seem to get mine to work so I wanna see if I'm missing anything? Thank u!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just curious, why not Google Wallet instead of ISIS?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes